    there I should be considering.

    Thanks for your help.

    Angela

    AK, Nov 2, 2004

  2. AK

    Rob Davison Guest

    AK wrote:
    > I am currently looking at the Canon 100mm and the Sigma 105mm. Does anybody
    > have any experience with these lenses? Is the Canon so much better that it
    > justifies the price difference? Are there any other good macro lenses out
    > there I should be considering.

    Tamron 90. It is (unexpectedly) my favourite lens and I find myself
    using it for all sorts of things you'd not normally use a macro for
    (like wildlife).

    Google for reviews. They're all pretty favourable.

    http://www.pbase.com/image/35844841/original
    http://www.pbase.com/image/33767986/original
    http://www.pbase.com/image/31615722/original

    Auto focus is a bit slow (slower than the Canon apparently).

    HTH.

    Rob.

    Rob Davison, Nov 2, 2004

  3. AK

    Guest

    In message <93Jhd.2303$>,
    Rob Davison <> wrote:

    >Auto focus is a bit slow (slower than the Canon apparently).

    If you only allow limited focus range, though, it gets a lot better than
    if left on "full".
    --

    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
    John P Sheehy <>
    ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><

    , Nov 2, 2004
  4. "AK" <> wrote in message
    >I am currently looking at the Canon 100mm and the Sigma 105mm. Does
    >anybody
    > have any experience with these lenses?

    I have the Sigma and am starting to get a lot of "Err 99" with it. Up until
    that started, I was happy with it.

    Charles Schuler, Nov 2, 2004
  5. AK

    Lou Guest

    On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 09:31:55 -0000, "AK" <> wrote:

    >I am currently looking at the Canon 100mm and the Sigma 105mm. Does anybody
    >have any experience with these lenses? Is the Canon so much better that it
    >justifies the price difference? Are there any other good macro lenses out
    >there I should be considering.

    Check out the Tamron 180mm macro. Greater working distances, comes in
    very handy, and it's a very nice lens.

    See http://www.pbase.com/nylons/d60_shots for a few examples.

    I'm using mine on a D60.

    Lou

    Lou, Nov 2, 2004
  6. AK

    grenner Guest

    The Canon is far better optically than the Sigma. Then again an old pop
    bottle is optically superior to most Sigman lenses. I chose the Tamron
    90mm Macro. I used one for years on a film camera and just stuck with it
    when it came out for digital. I am very pleased with the results

    Greg

    grenner, Nov 2, 2004