macro apply ... $AVID

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by tony, Oct 24, 2006.

  1. tony

    tony Guest

    I want to apply cisco-desktop macro to all my access ports on my 4506

    2/1 - 5/48

    I tried int range gigabit 2/1 - 5/48 and does not recognize 5/48

    Do I have to do this module by module?

    Also if I go macro apply cisco-desktop ?

    It is asking for this

    c4506(config-if-range)#macro apply cisco-desktop ?
    WORD Keyword to replace with a value e.g. $AVID
    <cr>

    what is $AVID?

    It says in the doc that do not use vlan1. That is all I have one vlan
    (Vlan1)
    tony, Oct 24, 2006

  2. tony

    Merv Guest

    tony wrote:
    > I want to apply cisco-desktop macro to all my access ports on my 4506
    >
    > 2/1 - 5/48
    >
    > I tried int range gigabit 2/1 - 5/48 and does not recognize 5/48
    >
    > Do I have to do this module by module?

    the documentation explains this quite clearly:

    http://cco.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps4324/products_command_reference_chapt
    er09186a00804fb28b.html#wp1974708

    When you define a range, you must enter a space between the first port
    and the hyphen (-):

    interface range gigabitethernet 5/1 -20, gigabitethernet4/5 -20.

    Use these formats when entering the port-range:

    ·interface-type {mod}/{first-port} - {last-port}

    ·interface-type {mod}/{first-port} - {last-port}

    Valid values for interface-type are as follows:

    ·FastEthernet

    ·GigabitEthernet

    ·Vlan vlan_id

    You cannot specify both a macro and an interface range in the same
    command. After creating a macro, you can enter additional ranges. If
    you have already entered an interface range, the CLI does not allow you
    to enter a macro.

    You can specify a single interface in the port-range value. This makes
    the command similar to the interface interface-number command.
    Examples

    This example shows how to use the interface range command to interface
    to FE 5/18 - 20:

    Switch(config)# interface range fastethernet 5/18 - 20

    Switch(config-if)#
    Merv, Oct 24, 2006