MACK WARRANTY??They don't do..(THE WARRANTY)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Surreart, Dec 25, 2005.

  1. Surreart

    Surreart Guest

    HELLO!
    Does anyone have had same experience?
    Mine,it was that after 6 email where I have requested,a International

    service,for little problems happened to my camera,where the one year
    original warranty was valid only in JAPAN,following the process,as
    advertised in their site,I have requested service in my coutry,and MACK
    company,SIMPLY NOT HAS ANSWERED.

    After 20 DAYS,and after 6 (SIX) REQUEST of service.
    So I have paid 180 US,the warranty for my D2X,and
    I have understood,too lately,that they do not respect international
    customer,and the agreements stated in site and in the warranty.

    Then the camera was repaired,it was a stupid electronic component,and a
    fuse,and the service of the importer of course charge for the work,and
    to find the issue...

    And so I have paid 300 US$ by my pocket.

    Anyway here I only would wish to represent my case,and strongly advise
    all international customer/people who desire to buy from them "3 THREE
    YEARS INTERNATIONAL WARRANTY UNDER 6000 US$"to save their money...

    SAVE YOUR 180 $.Keep the money in case you'll need service.
    They simply do not answer to you (as in my case) if your camera fail..

    HAPPY Xmas and happy new year for all!!

    Surreart, Dec 25, 2005

  2. "Surreart" <> wrote in message
    > HELLO!
    > Does anyone have had same experience?
    > Mine,it was that after 6 email where I have requested,a International
    >
    > service,for little problems happened to my camera,where the one year
    > original warranty was valid only in JAPAN,following the process,as
    > advertised in their site,I have requested service in my coutry,and MACK
    > company,SIMPLY NOT HAS ANSWERED.
    >
    > After 20 DAYS,and after 6 (SIX) REQUEST of service.
    > So I have paid 180 US,the warranty for my D2X,and
    > I have understood,too lately,that they do not respect international
    > customer,and the agreements stated in site and in the warranty.
    >
    > Then the camera was repaired,it was a stupid electronic component,and a
    > fuse,and the service of the importer of course charge for the work,and
    > to find the issue...
    >
    > And so I have paid 300 US$ by my pocket.
    >

    > Anyway here I only would wish to represent my case,and strongly advise
    > all international customer/people who desire to buy from them "3 THREE
    > YEARS INTERNATIONAL WARRANTY UNDER 6000 US$"to save their money...
    >
    > SAVE YOUR 180 $.Keep the money in case you'll need service.
    > They simply do not answer to you (as in my case) if your camera fail..
    >
    > HAPPY Xmas and happy new year for all!!

    Merry Christmas and happy new year to you too.

    What country are you in? Is that MACK a truck company? How and why did you
    buy a camera from a truck company?

    Wannabe
    =======

    WannabeSomeone, Dec 25, 2005

  3. In article <vnwrf.14$>, WannabeSomeone
    <> wrote:

    > Merry Christmas and happy new year to you too.
    >
    > What country are you in? Is that MACK a truck company? How and why did you
    > buy a camera from a truck company?

    It's obvious language issues are in the way here; I, too would like to
    know where he is. Mack Camera Repair is a New Jersey based camera
    repair outfit. They don't sell equipment. They offer an extended
    warranty which is usually sold through resellers. NOTE: I know Macks
    proprietor personally, and was once a reseller of their warranties.

    If I were to guess, the OP is overseas somewhere, and bought a
    gray-market camera from a USA mail order company. He discovered the
    manufacturers warranty was void, and the mail order company sold him a
    Mack warranty.

    It assume he sent email to Mack requesting service, which is the usual
    way to get the process started. this either never got there or was not
    answered; I would suspect the former. So he got it fixed locally, at
    his own expense.

    I think the lesson here is not to avoid this particular company (which
    I personally believe to be a good one) but to buy locally with a local
    warranty.

    Scott Schuckert, Dec 25, 2005
  4. Surreart

    Bob Salomon Guest

    In article <251220050856037338%>,
    Scott Schuckert <> wrote:

    > Mack Camera Repair is a New Jersey based camera
    > repair outfit.

    And a camera store.

    --
    To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

    Bob Salomon, Dec 25, 2005
  5. Surreart

    Surreart Guest

    Hello SCOTT!
    I bought my camera in JAPAN,and the warranty it was valid only for this
    country.
    The Italian importer do not recognize the JAPAN WARRANTY,so I have
    asked
    as stated in the MACK site,and for what I have paid,TO HAVE a service
    in Italy,and they after an authorization number,give the service
    directly in my country..And AFTER 6 international request of
    service,explaining the issue happened to the camera..
    The result it was NO RESPONSE.
    I dont think that company with this kind of behaviour can be called
    "serious"
    Thanks..

    Surreart, Dec 25, 2005
  6. "Surreart" <> wrote in message
    > Hello SCOTT!
    > I bought my camera in JAPAN,and the warranty it was valid only for this
    > country.
    > The Italian importer do not recognize the JAPAN WARRANTY,so I have
    > asked
    > as stated in the MACK site,and for what I have paid,TO HAVE a service
    > in Italy,and they after an authorization number,give the service
    > directly in my country..And AFTER 6 international request of
    > service,explaining the issue happened to the camera..
    > The result it was NO RESPONSE.
    > I dont think that company with this kind of behaviour can be called
    > "serious"
    > Thanks..

    So you bought the camera in Japan, bought a service contract from a "Mack"
    company in the United States, and you tried to have the camera repaired in
    Italy by that "Mack" company.

    I don't think it is wise to buy a camera in Japan and buy a service contract
    from a U.S. company while you live in Italy.

    OooooOH!!! I am getting this headache...........

    Wannabe
    =======

    WannabeSomeone, Dec 25, 2005
  7. Surreart

    Surreart Guest

    People who sold me the camera has included the warranty.

    The fact still remain,wise or not wise,I have paid 180US$.

    And the Mack,do not respect the agreement stated in the warranty.

    This is the fact.

    Surreart, Dec 26, 2005
  8. Surreart

    Guest

    Does make one wonder. I bought a Mack warranty specifically because I
    travel a great deal internationally and Italy is a typical country for
    me to be in. I can also be there for six months or so at a time. The
    idea of the Mack warranty was to cover just such an eventuality. Mack
    states that after you make contact with them they arrange for local
    service if you are out of the US. No contact, no problem for Mack?

    , Dec 26, 2005
  9. In article <>,
    Bob Salomon <> wrote:

    > And a camera store.

    Mel sells cameras now? Cool. I guess with so many of the smaller stores
    (like my old haunts) going out of business, it makes sense.

    Scott Schuckert, Dec 26, 2005
  10. In article <>,
    Surreart <> wrote:

    > People who sold me the camera has included the warranty.
    >
    > The fact still remain,wise or not wise,I have paid 180US$.
    >
    > And the Mack,do not respect the agreement stated in the warranty.
    >
    > This is the fact.

    Well, it may be "the fact" but it's certainly not typical. How did you
    make your "6 international requests of service" ? Just email, or did
    you follow up with a phone call? And where did the process stop - did
    you not get authorization, or was the authorization refused in Italy?

    And, REGARDLESS of what the dealer sold you, you were foolish to buy a
    warranty from a foreign agency. No matter HOW good they are, there WILL
    be problems trying to process things like this.

    Scott Schuckert, Dec 26, 2005