MACK warranty Alert!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Xman, Mar 28, 2005.

  1. Xman

    Xman Guest

    If you are planning on purchasing a MACK extended warranty be aware that
    MACK's home page is UNABLE to register your warranty online and I'm not sure
    they are able to do it over the phone. It's been like that for three days. I
    don't know about you, but it seems a little weird a company that specializes
    and sells warranties literally all over the tri-state area doesn't have a
    working website to register a warranty. Just doesn't add up or make sense to
    me. I am calling them tomorrow to see if I can register my warranty over the
    phone...if not I have to return the warranty to B&H photo video. I'm not
    just going to waste spending $180. Some thing has to get done. Anyway, here
    is what it says when you click on the link at www.mackcam.com to register
    your extended warranty:

    "MAINTENANCE ALERT!
    March 27th, 2005

    We are in the process of upgrading our computer system and are unable
    to process registrations for warranties or repair service. Further, we will
    not be able to report repair status on-line during this update. We
    apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
    If you would like to register your warranty, or arrange for repair
    service, please try again later.

    Thank you for understanding and we hope to resolve these problems
    today.

    Sincerely,

    MACK CAMERA & VIDEO SERVICE
    1-800-252-6225 "
    Xman, Mar 28, 2005

  2. Xman

    Jose Guest

    So is the short version that you procrastinated during the first 20 days of
    the 30 day period, they're having computer problems, you haven't tried to
    call them yet?

    And you're ranting and spinning conspiracy theories why?

    Jose, Mar 28, 2005

  3. "Xman" <> wrote in message
    > If you are planning on purchasing a MACK extended warranty be aware that
    > MACK's home page is UNABLE to register your warranty online and I'm not
    > sure they are able to do it over the phone. It's been like that for three
    > days. I don't know about you, but it seems a little weird a company that
    > specializes and sells warranties literally all over the tri-state area
    > doesn't have a working website to register a warranty. Just doesn't add up
    > or make sense to me. I am calling them tomorrow to see if I can register
    > my warranty over the phone...if not I have to return the warranty to B&H
    > photo video. I'm not just going to waste spending $180. Some thing has to
    > get done. Anyway, here is what it says when you click on the link at
    > www.mackcam.com to register your extended warranty:

    I just registered my warranty w/ no problems. Received email confirmation
    as well.

    --

    Rob
    Robert R Kircher, Jr., Mar 28, 2005
  4. In article <>, Xman
    <> wrote:

    > ...Just doesn't add up or make sense to
    > me. I am calling them tomorrow to see if I can register my warranty over the
    > phone...if not I have to return the warranty to B&H photo video. I'm not
    > just going to waste spending $180...

    Relax. I know the owner of Mack Camera personally, and they're not a
    faceless corporation - if the registration server is down they're AWARE
    of it, and won't use a technicality to invalidate your warranty.

    You should try the telephone before using the sometimes inflammatory
    word "Alert" on usenet.
    Scott Schuckert, Mar 28, 2005
  5. Xman

    Big Bill Guest

    On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 20:52:46 -0500, "Xman" <> wrote:

    >If you are planning on purchasing a MACK extended warranty be aware that
    >MACK's home page is UNABLE to register your warranty online and I'm not sure
    >they are able to do it over the phone. It's been like that for three days. I
    >don't know about you, but it seems a little weird a company that specializes
    >and sells warranties literally all over the tri-state area doesn't have a
    >working website to register a warranty. Just doesn't add up or make sense to
    >me. I am calling them tomorrow to see if I can register my warranty over the
    >phone...if not I have to return the warranty to B&H photo video. I'm not
    >just going to waste spending $180. Some thing has to get done. Anyway, here
    >is what it says when you click on the link at www.mackcam.com to register
    >your extended warranty:

    As of now, the page comes up.
    Stop being such a baby, and try again, just like they said.

    --
    Bill Funk
    Change "g" to "a"
    Big Bill, Mar 28, 2005
  6. Xman

    Guest

    I'm sorry...do a google search on them and you'll see they do have issues
    with how long it takes for a repair, let alone doing it right to begin with.
    I'm not saying it for myself...just read the history...it's all there on
    google groups.

    "Jose" <> wrote in message
    > So is the short version that you procrastinated during the first 20 days
    > of the 30 day period, they're having computer problems, you haven't tried
    > to call them yet?
    >
    > And you're ranting and spinning conspiracy theories why?
    >

    > "Xman" <> wrote in message
    >> If you are planning on purchasing a MACK extended warranty be aware that
    >> MACK's home page is UNABLE to register your warranty online and I'm not
    >> sure they are able to do it over the phone. It's been like that for three
    >> days. I don't know about you, but it seems a little weird a company that
    >> specializes and sells warranties literally all over the tri-state area
    >> doesn't have a working website to register a warranty. Just doesn't add
    >> up or make sense to me. I am calling them tomorrow to see if I can
    >> register my warranty over the phone...if not I have to return the
    >> warranty to B&H photo video. I'm not just going to waste spending $180.
    >> Some thing has to get done. Anyway, here is what it says when you click
    >> on the link at www.mackcam.com to register your extended warranty:
    >>

    >> "MAINTENANCE ALERT!
    >> March 27th, 2005
    >>

    >> We are in the process of upgrading our computer system and are
    >> unable to process registrations for warranties or repair service.
    >> Further, we will not be able to report repair status on-line during this
    >> update. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
    >> If you would like to register your warranty, or arrange for repair
    >> service, please try again later.
    >>
    >> Thank you for understanding and we hope to resolve these problems
    >> today.
    >>

    >> Sincerely,
    >>
    >> MACK CAMERA & VIDEO SERVICE
    >> 1-800-252-6225 "

    , Mar 29, 2005
  7. Xman

    Guest

    I did a google news search on them and they don't have too many positive
    feedback at all. Alot of pissed off customer's. It's not me...go ahead, so
    the search yourself and read the history. Since you know the owner
    yourself....bring this negativity to is attention and maybe he'll do some
    thing about it. 6 weeks to fix a camera? That doesn't sound right to me.
    Maybe a little over worked or too many warranty cards sent out that they can
    handle.

    "Scott Schuckert" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>, Xman
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> ...Just doesn't add up or make sense to
    >> me. I am calling them tomorrow to see if I can register my warranty over
    >> the
    >> phone...if not I have to return the warranty to B&H photo video. I'm not
    >> just going to waste spending $180...

    > Relax. I know the owner of Mack Camera personally, and they're not a
    > faceless corporation - if the registration server is down they're AWARE
    > of it, and won't use a technicality to invalidate your warranty.
    >
    > You should try the telephone before using the sometimes inflammatory
    > word "Alert" on usenet.
    , Mar 29, 2005