Mack international warranty in the UK

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Fuji Owner, Mar 21, 2007.

  1. Fuji Owner

    Fuji Owner Guest

    I've just bought a Fuji S5 from Calumet UK. The package includes a free
    extended warranty for the camera, provided by Mack.

    I'm a bit concerned that a future claim under this warranty might not be as
    straightforward as one with a UK based warranty provider.

    Fuji UK (who don't offer an extended warranty for their DSLR's) tell me that
    if a repair was required after the expiration of the manufacturers 12 month
    warranty I would have to pay the cost myself - and, hopefully, get
    reimbursed by Mack.

    Obviously, this could take some time - and, even if Mack paid me for the
    repair, how would they send me the money?

    If by cheque or money order this would incur quite substantial fees due to
    presenting my bank with a non-UK cheque - and that's without worrying about
    exchange rates, etc.

    Calumet UK were (apparently) under the impression that Mack settled directly
    with the repairer - but, at least in Fuji UK's case, this is not so.

    Has anyone from the UK ever had to claim on a Mack international warranty -
    and, if so, how did it work out?

    Finally, I'm having difficulty finding anyone on the net with a good word to
    say about Mack in the USA ;), surely they must have some happy customers?

    Thanks for your help

    Fuji Owner, Mar 21, 2007