Macintosh SE Help

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Samuel Townsend, Sep 13, 2004.

  1. Is there any way I can transfer files between my Macintosh SE and my
    Windows XP?
    Samuel Townsend, Sep 13, 2004

  2. Samuel Townsend

    philo Guest

    Samuel Townsend wrote:
    > Is there any way I can transfer files between my Macintosh SE and my
    > Windows XP?

    here is a link to some software

    http://www.dataviz.com/products/macopener/

    if you look around on google you might be able to find some less
    expensive software

    another alternative would be to transfer the files to a newer mac
    then put them on a dos-formatted floppy...then transfer to your XP
    machine

    also...many file formats will not be readable anyway...
    unless they are simple text files...the data may not be useful
    philo, Sep 14, 2004

  3. Samuel Townsend

    pcbutts1 Guest

    pcbutts1, Sep 14, 2004
  4. I want to put Internet Access on my Macintosh SE. I already have setup a
    modem.
    Samuel Townsend, Sep 15, 2004
  5. Samuel Townsend

    philo Guest

    Samuel Townsend wrote:
    > I want to put Internet Access on my Macintosh SE. I already have setup a
    > modem.

    just to see if it could be done...i actually did out an SE on line

    it was a fun experiment...but the machine is too old to be of any real
    use...

    at any rate...to do so...it is not necessary to have your floppies
    readable on a pc

    if there was any data you did want to transfer...you could just email it
    to yourself
    philo, Sep 15, 2004
  6. No e-mail on my Macintosh SE.
    Samuel Townsend, Sep 16, 2004