Macintosh File Server question

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ºoºfizzyºoº, May 28, 2004.

  1. Everytime my G3 Mac / OS 8.6 starts up it automatically connects to other
    Macs on the network. How can I stop it from doing this?

    ºoºfizzyºoº, May 28, 2004

  2. ºoºfizzyºoº

    John Guest

    In article <>, ºoºfizzyºoº
    <> wrote:

    > Everytime my G3 Mac / OS 8.6 starts up it automatically connects to other
    > Macs on the network. How can I stop it from doing this?

    It sounds like you have some old settings regarding the network.
    There are three control panels that manage these things:
    Network
    Users & Groups
    File Sharing

    You'll find a simple checkbox to automatically connect to other servers.
    But you might also find that someone else is set as a potential user;
    and you should know about that.

    John, May 28, 2004

  3. ºoºfizzyºoº

    Ron Colvin Guest

    In article <>,
    "ºoºfizzyºoº" <> wrote:

    > Everytime my G3 Mac / OS 8.6 starts up it automatically connects to other
    > Macs on the network. How can I stop it from doing this?

    If you have an AppleShare prep file in the preferences delete it

    Ron Colvin, May 30, 2004