    I cannot access shared folders/files between machines. I cannot even ping
    between machines using IP addresses. Belkin has built-in firewall but is not
    set to restrict file/print sharing or restrict ping as far as I can tell.

    =?Utf-8?B?Qm9i?=, Feb 8, 2006

  2. can both machines ping the router? Have they both got valid IP addresses,
    192.168.3.x?

    =?Utf-8?B?c3R1YXJ0ams=?=, Feb 8, 2006

  3. "stuartjk" wrote:

    > can both machines ping the router? Have they both got valid IP addresses,
    > 192.168.3.x?
    > Have you run Netowrk wizard on Both machines, do they have the same machine name. Are they on the same workgroup.

    Best bet would be to run the network wizard on one machine, create the
    diskette as instructed and run it from the diskette on the other machine. It
    sounds like you are not even getting an IP on one or both machines.

    =?Utf-8?B?c3R1YXJ0ams=?=, Feb 8, 2006
  4. Yes, both machines can ping the router, which is 192.168.3.1. The machines
    have valid IPs, 192.168.3.2 and 192.168.3.3. They cannot ping each other,
    nor see each other in Network Neighborhood. I do not have a domain, as no
    server, rather both in same Workgroup ("Home").

    =?Utf-8?B?Qm9i?=, Feb 8, 2006
  5. Ignore the last post I sent I think they crossed. Have you got any port
    forwarding on the router, generally, routers allow free speach between
    network clients. What are there computer names? If they are the same they
    will create conflict on the network. this will not be picked up by the
    router, only validation within the clients.

    =?Utf-8?B?c3R1YXJ0ams=?=, Feb 8, 2006
  6. Hi
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 9, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?Qm9i?=

    Kristof

    Joined:
    Feb 28, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Hello,

    I have the exact same problem with a Belkin Router.

    Both my laptop and PC run Windows XP SP2, Firewalls are disabled and the network wizard has been run on both. They both have an IP and can ping the router, but they cannot ping eachother...

    Have you found a solution yet?

    Greetings,
    Kristof

    Kristof, Feb 28, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?Qm9i?=

    Kristof

    Joined:
    Feb 28, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Hi,

    I solved the problem in my case by removing VPN software that was installed...

    Greetings,
    Kristof

    Kristof, Feb 28, 2006