    The computer that will revolt against humans and try to destroy its creators
    will not be based on Windows... but will be based on LINUX.

    Can you imagine why?
    john, Mar 7, 2006

  2. john

    philo Guest

    "john" <-> wrote in message news:-privat.org...
    > The computer that will revolt against humans and try to destroy its
    > creators
    > will not be based on Windows... but will be based on LINUX.
    >

    > Can you imagine why?

    That's illogical.
    A computer is an inanimate object...as dumb as a door nail!
    philo, Mar 7, 2006

  3. john

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:-privat.org,
    john spewed forth:
    > The computer that will revolt against humans and try to destroy its
    > creators will not be based on Windows... but will be based on LINUX.
    >

    > Can you imagine why?

    It will do so because it is pissed off about not having a native GUI?

    Toolman Tim, Mar 8, 2006
  4. john

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About 3/7/2006 7:33:12 PM, Without Any Hesitation, Toolman Tim
    Wrote The Following:

    > In news:-privat.org,
    > john spewed forth:
    >> The computer that will revolt against humans and try to destroy its
    >> creators will not be based on Windows... but will be based on LINUX.
    >>

    >> Can you imagine why?

    > It will do so because it is pissed off about not having a native GUI?

    Hi Toolman Tim;
    I think I have one of those computers. It has been revolting ever
    since I got it. <g>
    --
    Old Gringo
    The Future Is Not What It Use To Be.
    Old Gringo, Mar 8, 2006
  5. john

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    Old Gringo spewed forth:
    > On Or About 3/7/2006 7:33:12 PM, Without Any Hesitation, Toolman Tim
    > Wrote The Following:
    >
    >> In news:-privat.org,
    >> john spewed forth:
    >>> The computer that will revolt against humans and try to destroy its
    >>> creators will not be based on Windows... but will be based on LINUX.
    >>>

    >>> Can you imagine why?

    >> It will do so because it is pissed off about not having a native GUI?

    > Hi Toolman Tim;
    > I think I have one of those computers. It has been revolting ever
    > since I got it. <g>

    LOL! I've had a few like that myself :)

    Toolman Tim, Mar 8, 2006
  6. > The computer that will revolt against humans and try to destroy its creators
    > will not be based on Windows... but will be based on LINUX.
    > Can you imagine why?

    Linux is more scalable and reliable. All of the responsible computer
    systems run variants of Linux and Unix. It can't be shut down.
    Alexander Rogge, Mar 8, 2006
  7. john

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > > The computer that will revolt against humans and try to destroy its creators
    > > will not be based on Windows... but will be based on LINUX.
    > > Can you imagine why?

    > Linux is more scalable and reliable. All of the responsible computer
    > systems run variants of Linux and Unix. It can't be shut down.

    I've seen everything on an AIX box fail, programs, users sessions, all
    because of a badly configured tape backup solution. Nothing works
    without fault, it's just a matter of time.

    --

    remove 999 in order to email me
    Leythos, Mar 8, 2006
  8. What's the "it" here?

    >>Linux is more scalable and reliable. All of the responsible computer
    >>systems run variants of Linux and Unix. It can't be shut down.

    > Nothing works without fault, it's just a matter of time.

    "Ordinary computers in office buildings, dorm rooms, everywhere. It was
    software and cyberspace. There was no system core. It could not be
    shut down."
    Alexander Rogge, Mar 8, 2006
  9. Re: What's the "it" here?

    Alexander Rogge wrote:

    >>>Linux is more scalable and reliable. All of the responsible computer
    >>>systems run variants of Linux and Unix. It can't be shut down.

    >> Nothing works without fault, it's just a matter of time.

    > "Ordinary computers in office buildings, dorm rooms, everywhere. It was
    > software and cyberspace. There was no system core. It could not be shut
    > down."

    The system core -- because, as just stated, there was none.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Mar 8, 2006
  10. john

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-03-08, Toolman Tim <> wrote:
    > In news:-privat.org,
    > john spewed forth:
    >> The computer that will revolt against humans and try to destroy its
    >> creators will not be based on Windows... but will be based on LINUX.
    >>

    >> Can you imagine why?

    > It will do so because it is pissed off about not having a native GUI?

    Mine has four native GUIs installed; how many does it want? It can have
    more, there are 100s to choose from, and they can all run at once if it
    can't choose.

    --
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Mar 8, 2006
  11. john

    philo Guest

    > Linux is more scalable and reliable. All of the responsible computer
    > systems run variants of Linux and Unix. It can't be shut down.

    sure it can...
    as root, just type "halt" at the command prompt <G>
    philo, Mar 9, 2006