    peter Guest

    My computer wont stop running.I press the off button but nothing happens and
    I have to unplug it.
    peter, Feb 28, 2005

  2. peter

    Gordon Guest

    peter wrote:
    || My computer wont stop running.I press the off button but nothing
    || happens and I have to unplug it.

    Press and HOLD IN the "off" button until it switches off.

    Gordon Burgess-Parker
    Director
    www.gbpcomputing.co.uk
    Gordon, Feb 28, 2005

  3. peter

    Guest

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 17:36:50 -0000, "peter" <>
    wrote:

    |> My computer wont stop running.I press the off button but nothing happens and
    |> I have to unplug it.

    You can configure how that button works in the Bios.
    (at least I can on mine)

    --
    , Feb 28, 2005
  4. peter wrote:

    > My computer wont stop running.I press the off button but nothing
    > happens and I have to unplug it.

    It is demon-possessed. Return it to 666 Computing Ltd., where you got
    it, at once -- or suffer the consequences.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:
    Blinky the Shark, Feb 28, 2005
  5. peter

    freddy Guest

    I have the same problem and have given up.I just leave it running.Been
    running for over six months.

    freddy, Feb 28, 2005
  6. peter

    Parko Guest

    Blinky the Shark squeeked after five nanoseconds of Deep Thought:

    > It is demon-possessed. Return it to 666 Computing Ltd., where you got
    > it, at once -- or suffer the consequences.

    Mine has smoke coming out the back, should I send it to the excorsist?

    --
    Parko
    Registered Linux User #339345
    Parko, Feb 28, 2005
  7. peter

    DC Guest

    freddy wrote:
    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> peter wrote:

    >>> My computer wont stop running.I press the off button but nothing
    >>> happens and I have to unplug it.

    >> It is demon-possessed. Return it to 666 Computing Ltd., where you got
    >> it, at once -- or suffer the consequences.

    > I have the same problem and have given up.I just leave it running.Been
    > running for over six months.

    I didn't realize that your version of OE had been out that long. Does
    Windows no longer require you to reboot after such upgrades?

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001
    DC, Feb 28, 2005
  8. peter

    neville Guest

    Apart from that reboot it has been running constantly DC.
    Twat.

    neville, Feb 28, 2005
  9. peter

    Plato Guest

    wrote:

    > |> My computer wont stop running.I press the off button but nothing happens and
    > |> I have to unplug it.
    >
    > You can configure how that button works in the Bios.
    > (at least I can on mine)

    And there you most often can set it to instant off.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Feb 28, 2005
  10. DC wrote:
    > freddy wrote:
    >> "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >>> It is demon-possessed. Return it to 666 Computing Ltd., where you got
    >>> it, at once -- or suffer the consequences.

    >> I have the same problem and have given up.I just leave it running.Been
    >> running for over six months.

    > I didn't realize that your version of OE had been out that long. Does
    > Windows no longer require you to reboot after such upgrades?

    Check headers. Between that and other things, looks familiar...

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 1, 2005
  11. neville wrote:

    > Apart from that reboot it has been running constantly DC.
    > Twat.

    Did you forget to post as "freddy" (or maybe "simon"), there, neville?

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 1, 2005
  12. Parko wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark squeeked after five nanoseconds of Deep Thought:

    >> It is demon-possessed. Return it to 666 Computing Ltd., where you got
    >> it, at once -- or suffer the consequences.

    > Mine has smoke coming out the back, should I send it to the excorsist?

    You might consider it.

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 1, 2005
  13. peter

    DC Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > DC wrote:
    >> freddy wrote:
    >>> "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >>> I have the same problem and have given up.I just leave it running.Been
    >>> running for over six months.

    >> I didn't realize that your version of OE had been out that long. Does
    >> Windows no longer require you to reboot after such upgrades?

    > Check headers. Between that and other things, looks familiar...

    Indeed.

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001
    DC, Mar 1, 2005
  14. peter

    DC Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > neville wrote:

    >> Apart from that reboot it has been running constantly DC.
    >> Twat.

    > Did you forget to post as "freddy" (or maybe "simon"), there, neville?

    What a maroon! }XO)

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001
    DC, Mar 1, 2005
  15. peter

    samuel Guest

    Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    ?

    samuel, Mar 1, 2005
  16. samuel wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    >> neville wrote:

    >>> Apart from that reboot it has been running constantly DC.
    >>> Twat.

    >> Did you forget to post as "freddy" (or maybe "simon"), there,
    >> neville?

    > ?

    Holy shit. Nice work.

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 1, 2005
  17. samuel wrote:

    [about a troll sock]

    Hey, by the way...what's up with privacy.net -- any idea. I've been
    watching their new site, and I haven't been able to find a darned
    thing about the spam hole addresses any more. Are they still actually
    set up for that?

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 1, 2005
  18. peter

    samuel Guest

    Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    > samuel wrote:
    >
    > [about a troll sock]
    >
    > Hey, by the way...what's up with privacy.net -- any idea. I've
    > been watching their new site, and I haven't been able to find
    > a darned thing about the spam hole addresses any more. Are
    > they still actually set up for that?

    I don't know
    it's been that way for many months
    I think i'll add 'invalid' to mine
    thanks for the reminder
    samuel, Mar 2, 2005
  19. samuel wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    >> samuel wrote:

    >> [about a troll sock]

    >> Hey, by the way...what's up with privacy.net -- any idea. I've been
    >> watching their new site, and I haven't been able to find a darned
    >> thing about the spam hole addresses any more. Are they still
    >> actually set up for that?

    > I don't know it's been that way for many months I think i'll add
    > 'invalid' to mine thanks for the reminder

    I keep hoping that something about the service will (re)appear, but yeah
    -- I haven't seen any other obvious recent changes to the site, so it's
    looking more and more like it's history. You'd think they'd mention it
    *either* way -- say it's still active or say it's not. Dummies. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 2, 2005