    JimO Guest

    I can't get my machine to boot from Server 2003 CD Standard. It will boot
    from my Server 2K. Any suggestions?
    JimO, Mar 15, 2006

  2. JimO

    Wayne Guest

    "JimO" <joneill517###NOSPAM@NOSPAM###earthlink.net> wrote in message
    news:kePRf.4379$...
    >I can't get my machine to boot from Server 2003 CD Standard. It will boot
    > from my Server 2K. Any suggestions?

    What error message? Is it an original Microsoft CD?

    Wayne McGlinn
    Brisbane, Oz
    MCNGP Silver
    Wayne, Mar 15, 2006

  3. JimO

    JimO Guest

    I just won't boot. It is a backup and not an original. It will work if I
    want to upgrade from inside windows.

    JimO, Mar 15, 2006
  4. JimO

    James Guest

    it won't boot as in you put in the cd and press the power button and nothing
    happens?

    Yet if you put in your "backup" windows 2000 CD the computer turns on?

    James, Mar 15, 2006
  5. JimO

    JaR Guest

    the plaintive wail of JimO:

    > I just won't boot. It is a backup and not an original. It will work
    > if I want to upgrade from inside windows.

    Nothing? No error messages? Just an eternal black screen? Is it POSTing? Is
    the CD spinning up?

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 10110
    JaR, Mar 15, 2006
  6. JimO

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Nothing? No error messages? Just an eternal black screen? Is it POSTing? Is
    >the CD spinning up?

    no, but the dog's barking at the mailman again.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Mar 15, 2006
  7. JimO

    JaR Guest

    plaintive wail of Kline Sphere:

    > no, but the dog's barking at the mailman again.

    I wish you'd shut that damb dog up. It's keeping me awake.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 10110
    JaR, Mar 15, 2006
  8. JimO

    JimO Guest

    Yes.

    JimO, Mar 15, 2006
  9. JimO

    JimO Guest

    I'm sorry. It won't boot from the CD. It will boot into windows.

    JimO, Mar 15, 2006
  10. JimO

    JaR Guest

    plaintive wail of JimO:

    > I'm sorry. It won't boot from the CD. It will boot into windows.

    Ghods, this is like pulling teeth.

    Do you mean that when you try to boot from the 2003 cd, the machine just
    bypasses it and boots into win 2000. But when you put the win2k cd in and
    restart, then it boots off the cd?

    If so, you have a bad win 2003 cd and it is not bootable. You did say it
    was a copy, right? Is it an eval copy?

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 10110
    JaR, Mar 15, 2006
  11. JimO

    kpg Guest

    He has a non-bootable copied CD.
    kpg, Mar 15, 2006
  12. JimO

    > I'm sorry. It won't boot from the CD. It will boot into windows.
    > "JaR" <> wrote in message
    >> Echoed forth from the dank caverns of microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse,
    >> the plaintive wail of JimO:
    >>
    >> > I just won't boot. It is a backup and not an original. It will work
    >> > if I want to upgrade from inside windows.

    >> Nothing? No error messages? Just an eternal black screen? Is it POSTing?

    > Is
    >> the CD spinning up?
    >>
    >> --
    >> JaR
    >> MCNGP 10110
    >> Remove hat to reply
    >> "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly
    >> by." -
    >> Douglas Adams

    Sounds like you have a dodgy cd, search on google for "make bootable windows
    2003 server cd" and see how you go.

    Wayne
    Wayne, Mar 15, 2006
  13. JimO

    JaR Guest

    plaintive wail of kpg:

    > He has a non-bootable copied CD.

    I sink it's ze muzzer. In zeese cases ve alvays look to ze muzzer.

    --
    Zigmund
    MCNGP 10110
    JaR, Mar 15, 2006
  14. JimO

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >> I'm sorry. It won't boot from the CD. It will boot into windows.
    >
    >Ghods, this is like pulling teeth.

    .... with a socket wrench.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Mar 16, 2006
  15. JimO

    LRM Guest

    All gawked in amazement when: Kline Sphere assaulted us with:
    >>> I'm sorry. It won't boot from the CD. It will boot into windows.

    >> Ghods, this is like pulling teeth.

    > ... with a socket wrench.
    >
    > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    I think dentists have the coolest tools.

    --
    LRM
    MCNGP 7^2
    LRM, Mar 16, 2006
  16. JimO

    kpg Guest

    As LRM once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\192820.htm (3/16/2006
    > 12:39:15 PM) # All gawked in amazement when: Kline Sphere assaulted us
    > with:
    >>>
    >>> Ghods, this is like pulling teeth.

    >> ... with a socket wrench.
    >>
    >> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    > I think dentists have the coolest tools.

    That's it. I don't even want to be left alone with you.
    kpg, Mar 16, 2006
  17. JimO

    JaR Guest

    plaintive wail of LRM:

    > I think dentists have the coolest tools.

    Is it safe?

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 10110
    JaR, Mar 16, 2006
  18. JimO

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Mar 16, 2006 at 1:36pm "LRM" blathered:

    > I think dentists have the coolest tools.

    Question: What's the difference between a dentist and a sadist?
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..

    Answer: Newer magazines.*

    ($1 to Jerry Seinfeld)

    --
    The Diabolical TGP, MCNGP #100100
    Will work for bandwidth.
    TechGeekPro, Mar 17, 2006
  19. JimO

    Consultant Guest

    wednesday?

    Consultant, Mar 17, 2006
  20. JimO

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Consultant" <> say in

    > wednesday?

    you misspelled...aw, screw it. I'm bored with this game already...

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - Take my advice, I don't use it anyway.
    Neil, Mar 17, 2006