    Machine Check Event 106 from WMIxWDM seems to always happen while
    running QuickTime and apple.com movie trailers. I am running XP64.

    What is the problem ?

    RR, Feb 6, 2007

  2. Most machine check errors are hardware related, but in this case, I'd
    suggest that it may be a result of the application.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 6, 2007

  3. RR:
    Try reading this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/889249/en-us
    Or...
    What program are you using for playing quicktime movie trailers?
    If it is Apple's Quicktime, try uninstalling it and download the freeware
    Quicktime Alternative, which also includes a player ("Media Player Clasic").
    This 13 megs download will give you de decoder and the player necessary for
    viewing (and listening) quicktime movies.
    http://www.free-codecs.com/download/QuickTime_Alternative.htm

    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Feb 6, 2007
  4. RR

    RR Guest

    Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:
    > Most machine check errors are hardware related, but in this case, I'd
    > suggest that it may be a result of the application.

    It seems that someone from the Quicktime forums mentioned that Quicktime
    is not supported for 64bit operating systems.

    RR, Feb 7, 2007