    The machine to be using it would be a WinXP machine.

    As always Thanks for Your help.
    - Bay0Wulf
    Bay0Wulf, Feb 13, 2004

  2. Bay0Wulf

    ICee Guest

    Bay0Wulf wrote:
    > I have a CD-ROM changer that was bought and used with Macintosh
    > computer. It has Mac/Apple standard SCSI ports and I'd like to know
    > if there is anything that will act as an adapter cable to convert
    > this unit for use with a PC. I can find drivers for it and pretty
    > much everything else but I can't seem to find a cable adapter.
    >
    > The machine to be using it would be a WinXP machine.
    >
    > As always Thanks for Your help.
    > - Bay0Wulf

    A SCSI interface is not compatible/convertible to the IDE/ATAPI
    interface. You can probably find a plug in SCSI card that you could use
    to run the drive from.
    ICee, Feb 13, 2004

  3. Bay0Wulf

    ICee Guest

    ICee wrote:
    > Bay0Wulf wrote:
    >> I have a CD-ROM changer that was bought and used with Macintosh
    >> computer. It has Mac/Apple standard SCSI ports and I'd like to know
    >> if there is anything that will act as an adapter cable to convert
    >> this unit for use with a PC. I can find drivers for it and pretty
    >> much everything else but I can't seem to find a cable adapter.
    >>
    >> The machine to be using it would be a WinXP machine.
    >>
    >> As always Thanks for Your help.
    >> - Bay0Wulf

    > A SCSI interface is not compatible/convertible to the IDE/ATAPI
    > interface. You can probably find a plug in SCSI card that you could
    > use to run the drive from.

    Just to clarify, there are adaptors for IDE drives to be used with a
    SCSI interface, but have not found any that adapt a SCSI drive to the
    IDE interface. There are PCI cards with SCSI ports available, examples
    here:
    http://www.directron.com/scsi.html
    ICee, Feb 13, 2004
  4. Bay0Wulf

    Spad Guest

    SCSI is same in Mac and PC buy good SCSI host adapter card like Adaptec
    (with proper SCSI type interface as we have now few SCSI standards and
    have fun)

    Spad, Feb 13, 2004
  5. Bay0Wulf wrote:

    > I have a CD-ROM changer that was bought and used with Macintosh computer. It
    > has Mac/Apple standard SCSI ports and I'd like to know if there is anything
    > that will act as an adapter cable to convert this unit for use with a PC. I
    > can find drivers for it and pretty much everything else but I can't seem to
    > find a cable adapter.
    >
    > The machine to be using it would be a WinXP machine.

    As ICee mentioned, getting a SCSI controller card is likely your best
    alternative. If you get a standard PCI card, you'd be able to put it
    into a Mac later if you needed / wanted. (Personally, I like the Adaptec
    cards, but there are a number of others that are less expensive and just
    as good.)

    BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor
    (BEHOLD! The power of the BOFH!)
    BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ, Feb 13, 2004