MAC Photo viewer like Irfanview and Faststone ????

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by terry@terryking.us, Apr 16, 2007.

  1. Guest

    I have used the various viewers/organizers like Irfanview and
    Faststone, ACDsee etc. for years, in conjunction with PhotoShop. Love
    that "Hit E and you're working" capability.

    Now I'm teaching part time in a High School with mixed MAC and PC.
    Photoshop is on all machines, and FastStone on the PC's.

    Is There (I Hope!) something very similar for MAC?? IPhoto is NOT it:
    it has to import all your photos into its own database! And it hard
    to work on shared folders, which is a must for Yearbook work etc....

    Please tell me what to look for!

    Thanks!!
    Regards, Terry King ...On The Mediterranean in Carthage
    , Apr 16, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. M-M Guest

    In article <>,
    "" <> wrote:

    > Is There (I Hope!) something very similar for MAC?? IPhoto is NOT it:
    > it has to import all your photos into its own database! And it hard
    > to work on shared folders, which is a must for Yearbook work etc....
    >
    > Please tell me what to look for!



    GraphicConverter. Excellent for slideshow, resizing, converting and a
    ton of other stuff.

    --
    m-m
    M-M, Apr 16, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Guest

    Re: MAC Photo viewer like Irfanview and Faststone ????

    On Apr 16, 11:46 am, M-M <> wrote:
    > GraphicConverter. Excellent for slideshow, resizing, converting and a
    > ton of other stuff.


    I second the motion (love GraphicConverter for this and some other
    uses), but add a caveat: Be sure to buy Hagen's PDF manual with the
    program. It's only about $7 or so, is very good, and the PDF manual
    that comes with the program is useless.
    , Apr 17, 2007
    #3
  4. Guest

    Re: MAC Photo viewer like Irfanview and Faststone ????

    On Apr 17, 1:33 am, wrote:
    > On Apr 16, 11:46 am, M-M <> wrote:
    >
    > > GraphicConverter. Excellent for slideshow, resizing, converting and a
    > > ton of other stuff.

    >
    > I second the motion (love GraphicConverter for this and some other
    > uses), but add a caveat: Be sure to buy Hagen's PDF manual with the
    > program. It's only about $7 or so, is very good, and the PDF manual
    > that comes with the program is useless.


    Thanks for the info! Question, isthere a 'free' or 'unrestricted'
    version??

    I'm happy to buy a copy with full features, but I need to load 30
    machines with a 'view and organize photos' capability, and have no
    school budget for this...

    Regards, Terry King ...On The Mediterranean in Carthage
    , Apr 17, 2007
    #4
  5. THO Guest

    In article <>,
    "" <> wrote:

    > I have used the various viewers/organizers like Irfanview and
    > Faststone, ACDsee etc. for years, in conjunction with PhotoShop. Love
    > that "Hit E and you're working" capability.
    >
    > Now I'm teaching part time in a High School with mixed MAC and PC.
    > Photoshop is on all machines, and FastStone on the PC's.
    >
    > Is There (I Hope!) something very similar for MAC?? IPhoto is NOT it:
    > it has to import all your photos into its own database! And it hard
    > to work on shared folders, which is a must for Yearbook work etc....
    >
    > Please tell me what to look for!
    >
    > Thanks!!
    > Regards, Terry King ...On The Mediterranean in Carthage


    I've never found a good photo browser for browsing directories like
    there are on the PC. I'm sure that someone will follow up my post and
    say there is "this browser and that browser on the mac." but all the
    ones I have seen are lousy.
    THO, Apr 18, 2007
    #5
  6. Joan Guest

    Don't you have Adobe Bridge? If you do, make sure you set the option
    for a distributed cache.

    --
    Joan
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/joan-in-manly

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    :I have used the various viewers/organizers like Irfanview and
    : Faststone, ACDsee etc. for years, in conjunction with PhotoShop.
    Love
    : that "Hit E and you're working" capability.
    :
    : Now I'm teaching part time in a High School with mixed MAC and PC.
    : Photoshop is on all machines, and FastStone on the PC's.
    :
    : Is There (I Hope!) something very similar for MAC?? IPhoto is NOT
    it:
    : it has to import all your photos into its own database! And it hard
    : to work on shared folders, which is a must for Yearbook work etc....
    :
    : Please tell me what to look for!
    :
    : Thanks!!
    : Regards, Terry King ...On The Mediterranean in Carthage
    :
    Joan, Apr 18, 2007
    #6
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. tony cooper

    Re: IrfanView or FastStone?

    tony cooper, Jan 1, 2009, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    1,280
    Paul Furman
    Jan 2, 2009
  2. Terry Pinnell

    Re: IrfanView or FastStone?

    Terry Pinnell, Jan 1, 2009, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    385
    Blinky the Shark
    Jan 2, 2009
  3. Clair Johnston

    Re: IrfanView or FastStone?

    Clair Johnston, Jan 1, 2009, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    433
    David J Taylor
    Jan 2, 2009
  4. N

    Re: IrfanView or FastStone?

    N, Jan 1, 2009, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    4,414
  5. Mark Thomas

    Re: IrfanView or FastStone?

    Mark Thomas, Jan 2, 2009, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    8
    Views:
    1,015
    ASAAR
    Jan 3, 2009
Loading...

Share This Page