MAC OS X using Cisco VPN Client through CISCO PIX 501

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by InetSecurity, Jun 23, 2006.

  1. InetSecurity

    InetSecurity Guest

    Hi,

    I have a bit of an issue driving me completely nuts here...

    I have a small home network using a Catalyst 1900 switch, PIX 501 and
    Window and Mac OS X laptops.

    All computers have the latest update in regards to OS's and Cisco VPN
    Client, and my PIX config allows any any connection to inside interface
    (access-list inside_out permit ip any any)

    Now, I can connect to my office's PIX using the windows laptop just
    fine, but when I try it with the MAC OS X, I do connect but no traffic
    passes through, and on top of it internet access o the mac dies
    instantly (there is a split tunnel allowing users to have internet
    while connected to the office's vpn)

    More mind bending (to me anyway) is that if the MAC is connected
    directly into the cable modem WORKS liek a charm, so it must be
    something with the PIX and MAC thing..... I've tried changing the MTU
    on the MAC laptop, but no luck.

    Thanks,

    Julian Dragut
    InetSecurity, Jun 23, 2006