    My friend has an Apple notebook, and is unable to get into it, he says
    he 'forgot' his password. How can he get past the logon screen to use it?

    Linda

    Msgoodygal, Sep 16, 2004

  2. Msgoodygal

    DC Guest

    Msgoodygal wrote:

    > My friend has an Apple notebook, and is unable to get into it, he says
    > he 'forgot' his password. How can he get past the logon screen to use it?

    Easy -- by 'remembering' his password. }:O)

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with Windows.

    DC, Sep 16, 2004

  3. Msgoodygal

    Msgoodygal Guest

    DC wrote:
    > Msgoodygal wrote:
    >

    >>My friend has an Apple notebook, and is unable to get into it, he says
    >>he 'forgot' his password. How can he get past the logon screen to use it?

    > Easy -- by 'remembering' his password. }:O)

    That's what I told him...

    This is only the beginning of his "computer issues", as he has no idea
    how to use a computer at all, nevermind a Mac.

    I have no experience with Mac, so I'm no help to him, and I'm hoping
    someone can tell me what to tell him.

    Linda

    Msgoodygal, Sep 17, 2004
  4. Msgoodygal

    DC Guest

    Msgoodygal wrote:
    > DC wrote:
    >> Msgoodygal wrote:

    >>>My friend has an Apple notebook, and is unable to get into it, he says
    >>>he 'forgot' his password. How can he get past the logon screen to use it?

    >> Easy -- by 'remembering' his password. }:O)

    > That's what I told him...

    I share your sense of humour. <G>

    > This is only the beginning of his "computer issues", as he has no idea
    > how to use a computer at all, nevermind a Mac.

    > I have no experience with Mac, so I'm no help to him, and I'm hoping
    > someone can tell me what to tell him.

    I really wish I could help. Like you, I don't know Macs -- maybe I'm
    colour blind? };O)

    Good luck to you.

    DC, Sep 17, 2004
  5. Msgoodygal

    philo Guest

    philo, Sep 17, 2004
  6. Msgoodygal

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Boot with the OS CD.

    pcbutts1, Sep 17, 2004
  7. Msgoodygal

    Rick Blythin Guest

    In article <0mo2d.102040$3l3.15063@attbi_s03>,
    Msgoodygal <> wrote:

    > HI..
    >
    > My friend has an Apple notebook, and is unable to get into it, he says
    > he 'forgot' his password. How can he get past the logon screen to use it?
    >
    > Linda

    Hi Linda,

    I have a 12" Apple Powerbook. I'm taking a guess that your friend is
    running a fairly new laptop with OS X.

    Here's the steps to reset the admin password for OS X:

    1. Insert the Mac OS X Install Disc 1 CD and restart the computer.

    2. When you hear the startup tone, hold down the C key until you see
    the spinning gear.

    3. When the Installer appears, choose Installer > Reset Password.

    4. Follow the onscreen instructions to change the password.

    5. Quit the Installer and restart your computer while holding down
    the mouse button to eject the CD.

    OR you can just leave the CD in the drive, it will just boot into the
    operating system.

    If he's running OS 9 or earlier reply back and let me know.

    Regards,
    Rick

    Rick Blythin, Sep 17, 2004
  8. Msgoodygal

    Rick Blythin Guest

    In article
    <>,
    Rick Blythin <> wrote:

    > If he's running OS 9 or earlier reply back and let me know.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Rick

    Hi Linda,

    I see your friend is running OS X my bad :)... I'm winding down after a
    long day dealing with supporting PC's all day. If your friend needs
    additional help just drop me a line

    Rick

    Rick Blythin, Sep 17, 2004
  9. Msgoodygal

    Williams

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2009
    Messages:
    25
    you can record your password using protemac. com ProteMac Logon Sentry[.I use this soft and I know who logs on my Mac

    Williams, Nov 22, 2010