Mac monitor not working

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Uplink, Apr 8, 2006.

  1. Uplink

    Uplink Guest

    The message belowe is a message I copied from an email I sent to a friend.
    The mac is a Macintosh LC 475, internal hard drive, floppy drive, keyboard
    and mouse with a Apple Colour Plus 14" Display.

    I got the monitor for that LC475 (Apple Colour
    Plus 14" Display). I plugged it in and turned it on. It turns on. But When I
    start the system I hear the monitor flickle and start then it's just black.
    I adjusted the displays and made sure it's in the computer correct and it
    IS. I read the troubleshooting guide and it just won't work.

    I don't think it's the Monitor, as when I turn it off the screen flicks and
    goes off (I can see it turn off).

    But then again it may be the monitor, the list of monitors that work with
    that computer are given and that one isn't on there at all. There is a
    compatable Apple Colour 14" Display but this is a Plus.

    Do you think it's that the monitor doesn't work with that system? Is it the
    actual monitor (The system works with it, but the monitors defected). Or is
    it the System itself?

    I made sure the keyboard and mouse are connected properly and all the RAM
    chips and ROM chips didn't get knocked out of place (because the ride in the
    car was bumpy)

    Uplink, Apr 8, 2006