    bob Guest

    anybody have one? anybody have anything to say about one?

    bob

    bob, Aug 2, 2005

  2. bob

    bob Guest

    lol...good one.

    bob

    bob, Aug 3, 2005

  3. bob

    Joe Guest

    I spend about 80 hours a week in front of a computer between work and home
    with the time spent about equally between Macs and PCs and like one as well
    as the other for certain things so I feel qualified to answer this.

    Why do you have an interest in one?

    I do not get this computer and why apple ever released it. It was outdated
    technology the day it was released as the G5s which are far faster had been
    out for over a year.

    I suppose this would be an OK computer for someone with an older Mac that
    could not afford the cost of a new G5 and still had Mac software that they
    wanted to use.

    If this is not about preserving the use of existing Mac software or
    unwillingness to learn Windows I say buy a PC as you can get a faster one
    for less.

    Joe

    Joe, Aug 3, 2005
  4. bob

    Fakename Guest

    I'll tell you why I think they released it.

    Apple probably said to itself: " Some people want their computer for
    instant messaging, email, music, web surfing, and creating the
    occasional letter or spreadsheet. They could care less about 3D gaming,
    programming, video editing, etc... Those people are currently buying
    cheap Dell computers.

    So why not have them do that stuff on a cheap Mac?"

    $$ CHA-CHING $$

    They get product exposure and sales where there was none before. People
    get to use a nice product. Everybody wins.

    At least that's my take on it.

    Fakename, Aug 3, 2005
  5. bob

    bob Guest

    "Fakename" <> wrote in message
    > I'll tell you why I think they released it.
    >
    > Apple probably said to itself: " Some people want their computer for
    > instant messaging, email, music, web surfing, and creating the occasional
    > letter or spreadsheet. They could care less about 3D gaming, programming,
    > video editing, etc... Those people are currently buying cheap Dell
    > computers.
    >
    > So why not have them do that stuff on a cheap Mac?"

    now, now, you've hit the nail on the head why i use a computer.. (1) email
    (2) web surfing (3) looking at some dig pics i take (4) the occasional
    spreadsheet/word doc..i'm afraid i work far too many hrs/wk to have free
    time for computer "gaming"....

    now why would someone like me need to spend more than $500 on a computer?

    bob

    bob, Aug 4, 2005
  6. bob

    bob Guest

    "Joe" <> wrote in message
    >I spend about 80 hours a week in front of a computer between work and home
    >with the time spent about equally between Macs and PCs and like one as well
    >as the other for certain things so I feel qualified to answer this.
    >
    > Why do you have an interest in one?

    it's small, cheap, simple..and that's what i was looking for ina computer..i
    was hoping to put out $400 for a nice 19" monitor, and for $900 have a nice
    simple reliable system, virus free?

    bob

    bob, Aug 4, 2005
  7. bob

    Fakename Guest

    You could spend that much on a nice LCD monitor. So why would you NEED
    to? You wouldn't.

    Fakename, Aug 4, 2005
  8. bob

    Joe Guest

    Fakename wrote in part

    > Some people want their computer for instant messaging, email, music, web
    > surfing, and creating the occasional letter or spreadsheet.

    And for any of those things I would use a PC especially instant messaging,
    email, and web surfing. I use a Dual 1.8 G5 mac at work and have sitting
    right next to it an Athlon socket A 2500 barton core PC and I move back and
    forth all day. Any time I am going to do the internet I go to the PC as it
    sucks on the Mac.

    Joe

    Joe, Aug 5, 2005