MAC list on an 871W

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by John Scholvin, Jun 22, 2007.

  1. I've got an 871W at home. I'm trying to set it up for open authentication,
    but only to allow a single mac (my laptop) to access it. I'm having no luck
    figuring out how to attach the MAC acl to the wireless interface, and I'm
    hoping someone here can explain. Here are the relevant config bits:

    interface Dot11Radio0
    no ip address
    !
    ssid ScholvinNet
    authentication open
    guest-mode
    !
    speed basic-1.0 basic-2.0 basic-5.5 6.0 9.0 basic-11.0 12.0 18.0 24.0 36.0
    48.0 54.0
    station-role root
    l2-filter bridge-group-acl
    bridge-group 1
    bridge-group 1 subscriber-loop-control
    bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled
    bridge-group 1 block-unknown-source
    no bridge-group 1 source-learning
    no bridge-group 1 unicast-flooding
    !

    access-list 700 permit xxxx.xxxx.xxxx 0000.0000.0000
    access-list 700 deny 0000.0000.0000 ffff.ffff.ffff

    As configured, it's wide open and anyone can connect. What I'm trying to
    figure out is how to associate the ACL with the interface, or if there is
    something besides an ACL I should be using. Everything I try ends up with my
    laptop being unable to connect.

    I tried using SDM, and gave up. Too slow, impossible to find what I need,
    etc. Thanks in advance for keeping my neighbor's kids off my WLAN.
    --
    John Scholvin -- -- an E7b5#9 man in an F major world

    John Scholvin, Jun 22, 2007