    mac version of this software is garbage. What are you mac image
    experts using?

    bob
    bob j, Feb 28, 2004

  2. bob j

    fake name Guest

    In article <>,
    bob j <> wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I recently switched platforms from the pc to the mac and am having a
    > hard time losing some features in my printing process. Here is what I
    > need help with. Is there anyway to regain utilities like ink mointer,
    > nozzel cleaner ect in the mac? I can't seem to find such software

    all these are built0in for my older Epson 740 right into the OS.

    > support. Also is there an image viewer like acdsee for the mac that
    > is fast, easy to navigate and can shell photos into photoshop. The
    > mac version of this software is garbage. What are you mac image
    > experts using?

    Not sure about "shell photos into photoshop" but iPhoto, and Canon
    Browser do the trick for me.

    What about everything else, reliability, etc.? did the OS ever crash,
    remember, the OPERATING SYSTEM, not some poorly written application???
    what about the style? overall experience?
    fake name, Feb 28, 2004

  3. In article <>,
    bob j <> wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I recently switched platforms from the pc to the mac and am having a
    > hard time losing some features in my printing process. Here is what I
    > need help with. Is there anyway to regain utilities like ink mointer,
    > nozzel cleaner ect in the mac? I can't seem to find such software
    > support. Also is there an image viewer like acdsee for the mac that
    > is fast, easy to navigate and can shell photos into photoshop. The
    > mac version of this software is garbage. What are you mac image
    > experts using?
    >
    > bob

    If the printer driver is installed, it should appear in
    /Applications/Utilities/Printer Setup Utility.

    The application Preview can show thumbnails for large numbers of files.
    You can drag the thumbnails onto applications to open the file elsewhere.

    You can also view "as Columns" in Finder to see thumbnails.

    iPhoto can manage a small to moderate number of photos but it has a
    number of "features" that prevent serious use of it.
    Kevin McMurtrie, Feb 28, 2004
  4. << I recently switched platforms from the pc to the mac and am having a
    > hard time losing some features in my printing process. Here is what I
    > need help with. Is there anyway to regain utilities like ink mointer,
    > nozzel cleaner ect in the mac? I can't seem to find such software
    > support >>

    Bob-

    Look at the print menu or the page setup screen, for a "toolset" icon at the
    top. That is one way I access the Epson utilities for my C60 under OS 9.2.2.

    If that doesn't work under OS X, then open the print center, double click on
    the printer and look for the utilities in one of its menus.

    Fred
    Fred McKenzie, Feb 29, 2004
  5. bob j

    Tony Nazar Guest

    In article <>,
    bob j <> wrote:

    > Also is there an image viewer like acdsee for the mac that
    > is fast, easy to navigate and can shell photos into photoshop. The
    > mac version of this software is garbage. What are you mac image
    > experts using?

    Should have finished reading your questions. :)

    I use QuickImage for doing fast conversions from TIFF to JPEG.

    I use freePhotoConverter 2 to do a quick and dirty resize for e-mail
    attachments.

    I scan or download in either TIFF or RAW into a folder. Then open
    Elements 2 and open the folder from within Elements 2 using the file
    browser. I have the RAW plug-in which works for Elements though Adobe
    won't tell you that.

    There are a couple of tools available only to users of Photoshop that
    I'd love to have, but I've found near equivalents in third party filters
    that make Elements a very useful tool. The best of these is Human
    Software's AutoCorrect. Also Image Dr gets a lot of use. Some nitwit
    tossed an old tire into a bog I shoot all the time. It's impossible to
    get to but Image Dr. removes it. With luck, it'll get dry enough this
    summer to reach and haul out.

    I think you'll enjoy working with the Mac. I've used nothing but since
    1985. Every so often I go into a library andf use a PC. I shudder for
    the unenlightened. HRH Prince William of Gates pulled off the con of the
    millenium. :) FWIW OS X rarely crashes. I've had it happen twice when
    my PC oriented spouse did something weird.
    Tony Nazar, Feb 29, 2004
  6. bob j

    Tony Nazar Guest

    In article <>,
    bob j <> wrote:

    > I recently switched platforms from the pc to the mac and am having a
    > hard time losing some features in my printing process. Here is what I
    > need help with. Is there anyway to regain utilities like ink mointer,
    > nozzel cleaner ect in the mac?

    This works with the Epson 1280 - I'm assuming the 7600 is the same.
    Open Applications Folder and double click on the Epson Printer Utility.
    Your printer should be listed if it's on and connected to the Mac. Make
    sure it's highlighted and click okay. This will open the window from
    which you can monitor ink status and clean heads.
    Tony Nazar, Feb 29, 2004
  7. bob j

    bob j Guest

    Thanks for the suggestions. Does anyone out there have real
    expierenxce with the nac and the 7600. I am not finding any print
    utilities for it?? They seem to not exist. I phot is garbage to me,
    cannot browse folders without loading everthing. Cannot shell into
    photoshop, unless i am doing something wrong. My mac crashes a lot
    and I am finding it very difficult compared to my pc. I want oit to
    work but it seems hard. I also do not see a usuable print preview nor
    is their a canvas print setting? Why would these features be less
    functional on the MAC??? I thought htis was supposed to be a better
    machine. I am still hanging in there hoping epson will address these
    print driver issues. I think it is the same for the 2200?? Which I
    also have and have not bothered to load on my g5 yet.

    Any help would be appreciated!

    Bob
    bob j, Mar 2, 2004