    mac version of this software is garbage. What are you mac image
    experts using?

    bob

    bob j, Mar 2, 2004

  2. bob j

    sjs031 Guest

    In article <>, bob j
    <> wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I need help from someone who uses os X and either the 2200 or 7600
    > Epson. I don't care thet your other Epson printers work. I want to
    > know IF there is a way to use utilities on these printers.
    >
    > I recently switched platforms from the pc to the mac and am having a
    > hard time losing some features in my printing process. Here is what I
    > need help with. Is there anyway to regain utilities like ink mointer,
    > nozzel cleaner ect in the mac? I can't seem to find such software
    > support. Also is there an image viewer like acdsee for the mac that
    > is fast, easy to navigate and can shell photos into photoshop. The
    > mac version of this software is garbage. What are you mac image
    > experts using?
    >
    > bob

    Hi!

    I don't have either printer, but most of the ones I have used with OSX
    allow you to access those features under the pop-up list that appears
    in the standard OSX print dialog box. It also looks like drivers for at
    least the 2200 are already included with OS X 10.3 (I check the
    /System/Library/EPSON/ folder on my machine right now.

    As for your second question, that's exactly what iPhoto is for, and it
    came with your Mac! It can easily sort and catalog your photos, and can
    also be set to open files in PS when you double-click on them.

    finally, you can also check out the Epson mac drivers page at:

    http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/SupportProductCategory.jsp?BV
    _UseBVCookie=yes&oid=-10222&infoType=Downloads

    -Steve

    sjs031, Mar 2, 2004

  3. bob j

    bob j Guest

    thanks. I will play with I photo some more. this learning curve is
    killer but I will get it.

    bob j, Mar 2, 2004
  4. bob j

    Hamish Reid Guest

    In article <>,
    bob j <> wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I need help from someone who uses os X and either the 2200 or 7600
    > Epson. I don't care thet your other Epson printers work. I want to
    > know IF there is a way to use utilities on these printers.

    I use the 2200 with Panther and the associated utilities are in the
    Applications folder, in an application called "Epson Printer Utility",
    which is installed when you install the 2200 driver (unless you tell it
    not to).

    If you don't want to use it directly, you can always run the Os X
    Printer Monitor (or Manager) and get it to call the ulilities for you
    (assuming you have a cirrectly set-up system).

    > I recently switched platforms from the pc to the mac and am having a
    > hard time losing some features in my printing process. Here is what I
    > need help with. Is there anyway to regain utilities like ink mointer,
    > nozzel cleaner ect in the mac? I can't seem to find such software
    > support. Also is there an image viewer like acdsee for the mac that
    > is fast, easy to navigate and can shell photos into photoshop. The
    > mac version of this software is garbage.

    It's not *garbage* -- it's quite good. I suspect user error on that one.

    >What are you mac image
    > experts using?

    I use Extensis Portfolio, but iPhoto will do the trick in many cases.

    Hamish

    Hamish Reid, Mar 2, 2004
  5. bob j

    bob j Guest

    It seems there is no printer utilities for the 7600! I have them for
    the 2200 but not the 7600. The i photo program requres you to load
    each directory. That is a pain and itr also loads every photo into
    the library. That is undoable for me as i have over 100,000 digital
    photos. When I try to load several directories it crashes. This is
    not user error but serious problems with this software. Still looking
    for mac software that works well for viewing images and browsing
    folders of images. I am getting more familiar with i photo and I will
    use it some but it is not what I need. I would love something that
    works like acdsee. Surely there are some mac users out there that
    have a 7600 and a good image viewer??

    bob j, Mar 3, 2004
  6. bob j

    George Kerby Guest

    Give up! Sell the Mac and go back to a Windoze PeeCee. The Mac is obviously
    too simple for a top-poster to comprehend.

    George Kerby, Mar 3, 2004