    Jul 10 11:56:49.080 CDT: %SW_MATM-4-MACFLAP_NOTIF: Host 0000.0000.fe21 in vlan 991 is flapping between port Gi2/0/11 and port Gi3/0/11

    The FW group does not see any MAC Flap errors on their FW interfaces. How can I correct this problem? I just upgraded to the 122-44 code two days ago with no success in eliminating this issue.

    Flap is occurring between 2/0/11 & 3/0/11At this time, we have not setup anything other than plugging the two firewalls into separate ports.

    super1435, Jul 11, 2008

  2. super1435

    kadar

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    We were facing the same problem. The answer we got from the company which is supporting us is:
    "Because both appliances are configured as “part of a cluster” but none of them has yet taken the role of the primary, this MAC is broadcasted by both appliances"

    So if you eventually configure your appliances to work in cluster mode, the issue should be resolved.

    HTH

    kadar, Feb 28, 2012

  3. super1435

    kadar

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    Surely you have resolved the issue, since your post has been up since 2008, but maybe this answer can benefit someone else.

    kadar, Feb 28, 2012