    Does anybody know if it is possible to run Macintosh emulation on a PC in
    order to use software written for the Mac?

    Many thanks in advance.
    Charlie, Feb 6, 2006

  2. yes... there is "pear pc" http://pearpc.sourceforge.net/
    and an older program that vanished called "cherry os"

    also there is a way to run a mac os in Vmware if you the find the disk image
    on the internet somewhere.

    Have in mind that you have to own a copy of the os in order to do this...
    and is terribly slow....it crawls on a pc..

    also there are older emulators that can run mac 8.0, again you will have to
    look
    around the P2P networks to find these

    John Jay Smith, Feb 6, 2006

  3. Charlie

    Mitch Guest

    In article <ds7l4v$s72$>, Charlie
    <> wrote:

    > Does anybody know if it is possible to run Macintosh emulation on a PC in
    > order to use software written for the Mac?
    >
    > Many thanks in advance.

    If you are talking about modern Mac software (since 2001 or so), then
    you might be able to use it under Darwin.

    Darwin is Apple's participation in open-source. I don't know what it
    will allow you to do, but it gives a lot of options, and of course
    there are many programmers that have built interesting projects for it.

    http://developer.apple.com/darwin/
    Mitch, Feb 8, 2006
  4. Charlie

    Fred Nurke Guest

    Mitch wrote:
    > In article <ds7l4v$s72$>, Charlie
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Does anybody know if it is possible to run Macintosh emulation on a PC in
    >> order to use software written for the Mac?
    >>
    >> Many thanks in advance.
    >>

    > If you are talking about modern Mac software (since 2001 or so), then
    > you might be able to use it under Darwin.
    >
    > Darwin is Apple's participation in open-source. I don't know what it
    > will allow you to do, but it gives a lot of options, and of course
    > there are many programmers that have built interesting projects for it.
    >
    > http://developer.apple.com/darwin/

    I don't know if it is still made,but there was a product called
    "Macdrive" which enabled conversion either way.It was also possible to
    download a trial version for free.
    Fred Nurke, Feb 8, 2006
  5. Charlie

    Fred Nurke Guest

    Mitch wrote:
    > In article <ds7l4v$s72$>, Charlie
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Does anybody know if it is possible to run Macintosh emulation on a PC in
    >> order to use software written for the Mac?
    >>
    >> Many thanks in advance.
    >>

    > If you are talking about modern Mac software (since 2001 or so), then
    > you might be able to use it under Darwin.
    >
    > Darwin is Apple's participation in open-source. I don't know what it
    > will allow you to do, but it gives a lot of options, and of course
    > there are many programmers that have built interesting projects for it.
    >
    > http://developer.apple.com/darwin/

    Macdrive is still around-made by "Mediafour" and costs $59.95 retail or
    $49.95 download version.
    Fred Nurke, Feb 8, 2006
  6. Charlie

    Fred Nurke Guest

    Fred Nurke wrote:
    > Mitch wrote:
    >> In article <ds7l4v$s72$>, Charlie
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Does anybody know if it is possible to run Macintosh emulation on a
    >>> PC in order to use software written for the Mac?
    >>>
    >>> Many thanks in advance.
    >>>

    >> If you are talking about modern Mac software (since 2001 or so), then
    >> you might be able to use it under Darwin.
    >>
    >> Darwin is Apple's participation in open-source. I don't know what it
    >> will allow you to do, but it gives a lot of options, and of course
    >> there are many programmers that have built interesting projects for it.
    >>
    >> http://developer.apple.com/darwin/

    > I don't know if it is still made,but there was a product called
    > "Macdrive" which enabled conversion either way.It was also possible to
    > download a trial version for free.

    Just checked "Mediafour" website - its $59.95 retail or $49.95 download
    version.
    Fred Nurke, Feb 8, 2006
  7. Charlie

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>, Fred Nurke
    <> wrote:

    > Mitch wrote:
    > > In article <ds7l4v$s72$>, Charlie
    > > <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> Does anybody know if it is possible to run Macintosh emulation on a PC in
    > >> order to use software written for the Mac?
    > >>
    > >> Many thanks in advance.
    > >>

    > > If you are talking about modern Mac software (since 2001 or so), then
    > > you might be able to use it under Darwin.
    > >
    > > Darwin is Apple's participation in open-source. I don't know what it
    > > will allow you to do, but it gives a lot of options, and of course
    > > there are many programmers that have built interesting projects for it.
    > >
    > > http://developer.apple.com/darwin/

    > I don't know if it is still made,but there was a product called
    > "Macdrive" which enabled conversion either way.It was also possible to
    > download a trial version for free.

    I thought MacDrive was just for reading Mac storage devices;
    the OP wanted to run a program.

    Some other tools a search turned up:
    Emulators
    Basilisk