MAC authentication on AP1200

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Julien, May 6, 2004.

  1. Julien

    Julien Guest

    Hi,

    I have a AP 1200 series and I want to use MAC authentication. I know
    how to do it by http but I've got some troubles with CLI.
    I try this:
    ap(config)# aaa new-model
    ap(config)# aaa authentication login my_MAC_addr local

    and I don't know what to do after !!

    When I see the running-config I obtain with WBI, I have:

    hostname ap
    !
    aaa new-model
    !
    !
    aaa group server radius rad_eap
    !
    aaa group server radius rad_mac
    !
    aaa group server radius rad_acct
    !
    aaa group server radius rad_admin
    !
    aaa group server tacacs+ tac_admin
    !
    aaa group server radius rad_pmip
    !
    aaa group server radius dummy
    !
    aaa authentication login eap_methods group rad_eap
    aaa authentication login mac_methods local
    aaa authorization exec default local
    aaa authorization ipmobile default group rad_pmip
    aaa accounting network acct_methods start-stop group rad_acct
    aaa session-id common
    enable secret 5 $1$/Ujz$jsCZZ3z/aL2BgXSqPsa1j/
    !
    username Cisco password 7 01300F175804
    username 000c8535361d password 7 08711C1E0A41504447585A552E
    username 000c8535361d autocommand exit

    I don't know what is this password neither all the authorization &
    accounting methods...
    I just want to authenticate my client with his MAC address !! :)
    If you can help me...

    Regards

    Julien, May 6, 2004

  2. Julien

    mh Guest

    Are you trying to do MAC authentication using a RADIUS server or do
    you want to have the AP 1200 do it using MAC address filters ???

    If the later then sede the commands:

    bridge-group input-address-list
    bridge-group output-address-list

    int d0
    bridge-group input-address-list 701
    bridge-group output-address-list 701
    exit

    access-list 701 permit 000b.fdd4.6e56 0000.0000.0000
    access-list 701 permit 000b.fd48.5426 0000.0000.0000

    mh, May 7, 2004

  3. Julien

    old286

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    AP 1200 password

    If I wish to reset the password on the AP 1200 do I have to reset all the settings or is there another way? We are able to be linked to the AP but I want to coordinate it to a second AP 1200. So I need administrative access.

    LH

    old286, Aug 4, 2006