    possible ?
    how does it work ? please help me out to understand..
    my ccna book doesn't mention anything in detail, is it for ccnp ?

    jh3ang, Aug 7, 2006

  2. jh3ang

    BernieM Guest

    "jh3ang" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > hello ^^
    > if only one host should be allowed in a switch port, we have to use
    > this command:
    > (config)#mac-address-table static fa0/1 vlan 1
    >
    > but i'm wondering.. how does it work ?
    > i checked if switch port has a mac address, and it certainly does!!
    > if mac-address-table static command is used, after all a host mac
    > address and a swich port mac address will be the same valve ? is it
    > possible ?
    > how does it work ? please help me out to understand..
    > my ccna book doesn't mention anything in detail, is it for ccnp ?

    The "mac-address-table static" commands guards against mac spoofiing. Any
    packets coming into the interface with a mac-address different to the static
    entry are dropped. The mac-address of the actual switchport and the end
    host won't be the same nor would they ever need to be. Packets coming into
    the interface would never have the mac-address of the switchport.

    BernieM

    BernieM, Aug 7, 2006