    looks like I only need to include the wireless connections but would like
    clarification on this.

    Thanks, Steve

    Steve P, Jan 1, 2005

  2. Steve P

    mikeFNB Guest

    correct.
    certainly on my router, you don't see the mac filtering controlling 'wired'
    pc's, cause it can't really be 'tapped into' can it.
    the idea of mac filtering is to stop unwanted wireless connections

    mike

    "Steve P" <> wrote in message
    > If using MAC address filtering is it only necessary to include wireless
    > adapters or should MAC addresses of wired PC's on the same network be
    > include? I am setting up a new broadband wireless router and have 3 PC's
    > connected by wire and 1 notebook which is wireless. From what I have read

    it

    mikeFNB, Jan 1, 2005

  3. Most wireless routers I have seen do not segregate the wired from the
    wireless MACs.

    Linksys, and NetGear however, do segregate them.

    Dlink, Buffalo, Belkin and Airlink do not.

    Carey

    Carey Holzman, Jan 1, 2005