Ma and Pa Kettle question

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Dyuob Poltice, Oct 5, 2004.

  1. On the Franchise collection, have they replaced the beginnings on all
    the movies?

    Dyuob Poltice, Oct 5, 2004

  2. Dyuob Poltice

    jayembee Guest

    Dyuob Poltice <> wrote:

    > On the Franchise collection, have they replaced the beginnings on all
    > the movies?

    Not that I can tell. Why do you ask?

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Oct 5, 2004

  3. On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 19:58:44 GMT, jayembee
    <> wrote:

    >Dyuob Poltice <> wrote:
    >
    >> On the Franchise collection, have they replaced the beginnings on all
    >> the movies?

    >Not that I can tell. Why do you ask?
    >
    >-- jayembee

    They use the same music on all the films, and if you listen to
    "Furthur adventures", there's a glissando played by a harp that gets
    truncated as they go into the film proper, i.e., very bad editing.

    Dyuob Poltice, Oct 6, 2004
  4. Dyuob Poltice

    jayembee Guest

    Dyuob Poltice <> wrote:

    > jayembee <> wrote:
    >
    >> Dyuob Poltice <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> On the Franchise collection, have they replaced the beginnings on all
    >>> the movies?

    >> Not that I can tell. Why do you ask?

    > They use the same music on all the films,

    Not uncommon for series films of that era.

    > and if you listen to "Furthur adventures", there's a glissando played by a
    > harp that gets truncated as they go into the film proper, i.e., very bad editing.

    Could just be the condition of the source elements. I've seen any
    number of vintage films where the titles music will cut off at the end
    of the titles, rather than naturally end or segue into the film.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Oct 6, 2004
  5. Dyuob Poltice

    Jim Hollis Guest

    First film was later retitled "The Further Adventures of-" from "Ma and Pa
    Kettle".

    Jim Hollis, Oct 6, 2004
  6. Dyuob Poltice

    jayembee Guest

    "Jim Hollis" <> wrote:

    > First film was later retitled "The Further Adventures of-"
    > from "Ma and Pa Kettle".

    Except that the print used in the collection has the original
    title (though the menus, all of the printed matter on the
    packaging, and all press materials refer to it by the retitle).

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Oct 6, 2004