    composite video output work simultaneously - this was from a dfi
    distributor) - asus distrubutor said they dont work simultaneously

    Do you understand why im confused... everyoen gives a different story
    Andrew Lambert, Jun 25, 2007

  2. Andrew Lambert

    Steven Ellis Guest

    On Jun 25, 4:11 pm, Andrew Lambert <> wrote:
    > Im very confused now
    >
    > THis motherboard Asus M2NPV-VM
    > Specifications on the asus website say it has DVI-D output.
    > HOwever, Pictures show that it could be DVI-I
    >
    > Some reviews say its DVI-I
    >
    > I rang the distributor and they say DVI-D (they could just be reading
    > asus specs though)
    >
    > So can anyone confirm... is it really DVI-D only?
    >
    > Some people have also told me that the component video output and
    > composite video output work simultaneously - this was from a dfi
    > distributor) - asus distrubutor said they dont work simultaneously
    >
    > Do you understand why im confused... everyoen gives a different story

    It is DVI-D. We use them for myPVR - http://www.mypvr.co.nz

    You can't do Composite and Component at the same time as there is only
    one analogue output in the video chip.

    Steve
    Steven Ellis, Jun 25, 2007

  3. Steven Ellis wrote:
    > On Jun 25, 4:11 pm, Andrew Lambert <> wrote:
    >> Im very confused now
    >>
    >> THis motherboard Asus M2NPV-VM
    >> Specifications on the asus website say it has DVI-D output.
    >> HOwever, Pictures show that it could be DVI-I
    >>
    >> Some reviews say its DVI-I
    >>
    >> I rang the distributor and they say DVI-D (they could just be reading
    >> asus specs though)
    >>
    >> So can anyone confirm... is it really DVI-D only?
    >>
    >> Some people have also told me that the component video output and
    >> composite video output work simultaneously - this was from a dfi
    >> distributor) - asus distrubutor said they dont work simultaneously
    >>
    >> Do you understand why im confused... everyoen gives a different story

    > It is DVI-D. We use them for myPVR - http://www.mypvr.co.nz
    >
    > You can't do Composite and Component at the same time as there is only
    > one analogue output in the video chip.
    >
    > Steve

    Bugger...
    While using the component, Is it true that the vga d sub does not work?
    I might need to look into getting another video card into the box instead...

    Run the component fron the onboard and the composite from the second
    video card

    Also

    This could work
    http://www.nti.co.nz/dvi-vga.html

    depending on how much is is of course
    Andrew Lambert, Jun 25, 2007
  4. Andrew Lambert

    JohnO Guest

    On Jun 26, 9:40 am, Andrew Lambert <> wrote:
    > Steven Ellis wrote:
    > > On Jun 25, 4:11 pm, Andrew Lambert <> wrote:
    > >> Im very confused now

    > >> THis motherboard Asus M2NPV-VM
    > >> Specifications on the asus website say it has DVI-D output.
    > >> HOwever, Pictures show that it could be DVI-I

    > >> Some reviews say its DVI-I

    > >> I rang the distributor and they say DVI-D (they could just be reading
    > >> asus specs though)

    > >> So can anyone confirm... is it really DVI-D only?

    > >> Some people have also told me that the component video output and
    > >> composite video output work simultaneously - this was from a dfi
    > >> distributor) - asus distrubutor said they dont work simultaneously

    > >> Do you understand why im confused... everyoen gives a different story

    > > It is DVI-D. We use them for myPVR -http://www.mypvr.co.nz

    > > You can't do Composite and Component at the same time as there is only
    > > one analogue output in the video chip.

    > > Steve

    > Bugger...
    > While using the component, Is it true that the vga d sub does not work?

    I'd be surprised. All the Nvidia Geforce adapters I've used allow the
    digital and tv outputs to work at the same time.

    You can also set different resolutions on each.

    JohnO, Jun 26, 2007
  5. Andrew Lambert

    Steven Ellis Guest

    On Jun 26, 9:40 am, Andrew Lambert <> wrote:
    > Steven Ellis wrote:
    > > On Jun 25, 4:11 pm, Andrew Lambert <> wrote:
    > >> Im very confused now

    > >> THis motherboard Asus M2NPV-VM
    > >> Specifications on the asus website say it has DVI-D output.
    > >> HOwever, Pictures show that it could be DVI-I

    > >> Some reviews say its DVI-I

    > >> I rang the distributor and they say DVI-D (they could just be reading
    > >> asus specs though)

    > >> So can anyone confirm... is it really DVI-D only?

    > >> Some people have also told me that the component video output and
    > >> composite video output work simultaneously - this was from a dfi
    > >> distributor) - asus distrubutor said they dont work simultaneously

    > >> Do you understand why im confused... everyoen gives a different story

    > > It is DVI-D. We use them for myPVR -http://www.mypvr.co.nz

    > > You can't do Composite and Component at the same time as there is only
    > > one analogue output in the video chip.

    > > Steve

    > Bugger...
    > While using the component, Is it true that the vga d sub does not work?
    > I might need to look into getting another video card into the box instead...
    >
    > Run the component fron the onboard and the composite from the second
    > video card
    >
    > Also
    >
    > This could workhttp://www.nti.co.nz/dvi-vga.html
    >
    > depending on how much is is of course

    Sorry it won't. The DVI is DVI only, you can't run a VGA monitor off
    it with an adaptor.
    Steven Ellis, Jun 26, 2007
  6. Steven Ellis wrote:
    > On Jun 26, 9:40 am, Andrew Lambert <> wrote:
    >> Steven Ellis wrote:
    >>> It is DVI-D. We use them for myPVR -http://www.mypvr.co.nz
    >>> You can't do Composite and Component at the same time as there is only
    >>> one analogue output in the video chip.
    >>> Steve

    >> Bugger...
    >> While using the component, Is it true that the vga d sub does not work?
    >> I might need to look into getting another video card into the box instead...
    >>
    >> Run the component fron the onboard and the composite from the second
    >> video card
    >>
    >> Also
    >>
    >> This could workhttp://www.nti.co.nz/dvi-vga.html
    >>
    >> depending on how much is is of course

    > Sorry it won't. The DVI is DVI only, you can't run a VGA monitor off
    > it with an adaptor.

    That particular adaptor converts dvi-d to analouge...
    However its $600!!

    From green button:
    This is from green button:
    the 6150 chipset can only support one analog and one digital output at a
    time since is only has a single video DAC. so you are limited to the
    following situations

    1. Composite + DVI-D
    2. Component + DVI-D
    3. VGA + DVI-D

    There was a 6150B chipset that had 2 video DACs which allowed two
    simultaneous analog outputs, but my understanding that it was limited to
    socket939 motherboards

    I cant find a suitable 939 board - and i dont want to go down that path

    Im currently looking at a second video card to run the composite
    Andrew Lambert, Jun 26, 2007
  7. JohnO wrote:
    > On Jun 26, 9:40 am, Andrew Lambert <> wrote:
    >> Steven Ellis wrote:
    >>> It is DVI-D. We use them for myPVR -http://www.mypvr.co.nz
    >>> You can't do Composite and Component at the same time as there is only
    >>> one analogue output in the video chip.
    >>> Steve

    >> Bugger...
    >> While using the component, Is it true that the vga d sub does not work?

    > I'd be surprised. All the Nvidia Geforce adapters I've used allow the
    > digital and tv outputs to work at the same time.

    Same... but alas, its true...
    Andrew Lambert, Jun 26, 2007
  8. Andrew Lambert

    Steven Ellis Guest

    On Jun 26, 11:46 am, JohnO <> wrote:
    > On Jun 26, 9:40 am, Andrew Lambert <> wrote:
    >

    > > Steven Ellis wrote:

    > > > It is DVI-D. We use them for myPVR -http://www.mypvr.co.nz

    > > > You can't do Composite and Component at the same time as there is only
    > > > one analogue output in the video chip.

    > > > Steve

    > > Bugger...
    > > While using the component, Is it true that the vga d sub does not work?

    > I'd be surprised. All the Nvidia Geforce adapters I've used allow the
    > digital and tv outputs to work at the same time.
    >
    > You can also set different resolutions on each.

    You can run different resolutions if they are different disktops.
    Thats no good on a Media PC where you want the same output on
    Composite and DVI. For that to happen they need to be the same
    resolution and refresh rate.
    Steven Ellis, Jun 26, 2007
  9. Andrew Lambert

    JohnO Guest

    On Jun 26, 6:09 pm, Steven Ellis <> wrote:
    > On Jun 26, 11:46 am, JohnO <> wrote:

    > > > Bugger...
    > > > While using the component, Is it true that the vga d sub does not work?

    > > I'd be surprised. All the Nvidia Geforce adapters I've used allow the
    > > digital and tv outputs to work at the same time.

    > > You can also set different resolutions on each.

    > You can run different resolutions if they are different disktops.
    > Thats no good on a Media PC where you want the same output on
    > Composite and DVI. For that to happen they need to be the same
    > resolution and refresh rate.- Hide quoted text -

    I doubt that's a typical case. Most PVR users would want one TV per
    PC. The second output would only be the pc monitor used for
    maintenance and setup. If you want two TVs you run a PVR client.
    JohnO, Jun 26, 2007
  10. Andrew Lambert

    Steven Ellis Guest

    On Jun 27, 9:37 am, JohnO <> wrote:
    > On Jun 26, 6:09 pm, Steven Ellis <> wrote:

    > > > I'd be surprised. All the Nvidia Geforce adapters I've used allow the
    > > > digital and tv outputs to work at the same time.

    > > > You can also set different resolutions on each.

    > > You can run different resolutions if they are different disktops.
    > > Thats no good on a Media PC where you want the same output on
    > > Composite and DVI. For that to happen they need to be the same
    > > resolution and refresh rate.- Hide quoted text -

    > I doubt that's a typical case. Most PVR users would want one TV per
    > PC. The second output would only be the pc monitor used for
    > maintenance and setup. If you want two TVs you run a PVR client.

    I've got customers who want a HD feed on their main TV, but would like
    an SD composite out feed to another room showing the same output. They
    don't want another PC or STB in the other room

    A lot of people distribute SkyTV round their house with the same
    picture on all screens.

    Steve
    Steven Ellis, Jun 27, 2007