    Force Microscopy (MFM)."

    http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2004/10/298702.html

    Imhotep

    Imhotep, Nov 9, 2005

  2. "Imhotep" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I came across this in another news group and thought it was interesting...
    >
    > "If you have ever wondered, if;
    >
    > 1. Microsoft, was secretly spying on end-user machines?
    > 2. Big Brother deployment scenarios were real?
    > 3. M$ Windows was a type of bugging device?
    >
    > Then this, is for you my friend, the 'Top-47 Windows bugging functions',
    > and
    > then some. There is also an appendix on forensic methodology and Magnetic
    > Force Microscopy (MFM)."
    >
    > http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2004/10/298702.html
    >
    > Imhotep

    Its an old article, amusingly written, and flamed by many. But a twist of
    logic can be applied though.

    In this day and age of organised crime, drug cartels, technical crimes and
    god forbid the dreaded word of terrorism, now add to this that M$ Windows
    domminates the computer desktop OS market with something like 92% share and
    one should be able to see that Microsoft are indeed in a position where they
    really have no real choice but to log and record as much activity as is
    possible.

    Just my opionion to a never ending story of microsoft intruding into peoples
    lives. Unfortunately, we all get treated as criminals today, because of the
    few too many, and there is no way that microsoft can predict who will buy or
    rip off which OS for themselves, so all versions suffer from the *spying*
    routines, which seem to get more truncated and fuzzy with each release, how
    open were the infamous index.dat files for internet activity tracking in all
    versions of windows other than XP and Win2k Pro.

    What could be amusing however, would be to see how many trojans, worms and
    viri that can be linked to targeting the spying routines and ways to criplle
    the OS that M$ actively employed for tracking pruposes, and hence slowed
    down patches for the *innocent*, and how many are still there to be
    exploited - sassa springs to mind as a crippler. Also keep in mind that when
    you openly *fix* that loophole, that another routine would need to replace
    it or to do that same function but in a more stealthy fashion, paranoia,
    maybe .... time will tell

    Martin Spencer-Ford
    (TpwUK)

    Martin Spencer-Ford, Nov 9, 2005

  3. "Imhotep" <> wrote in message
    > I came across this in another news group and thought it was interesting...
    >
    > "If you have ever wondered, if;
    >
    > 1. Microsoft, was secretly spying on end-user machines?
    > 2. Big Brother deployment scenarios were real?
    > 3. M$ Windows was a type of bugging device?
    >
    > Then this, is for you my friend, the 'Top-47 Windows bugging functions',

    and
    > then some. There is also an appendix on forensic methodology and Magnetic
    > Force Microscopy (MFM)."

    Amusing find! Haven't laughed so much for ages...

    --

    Hairy One Kenobi

    in the first place. So there!

    Hairy One Kenobi, Nov 9, 2005
  4. Imhotep

    Imhotep Guest

    Hairy One Kenobi wrote:

    > "Imhotep" <> wrote in message
    >> I came across this in another news group and thought it was
    >> interesting...
    >>
    >> "If you have ever wondered, if;
    >>
    >> 1. Microsoft, was secretly spying on end-user machines?
    >> 2. Big Brother deployment scenarios were real?
    >> 3. M$ Windows was a type of bugging device?
    >>
    >> Then this, is for you my friend, the 'Top-47 Windows bugging functions',

    > and
    >> then some. There is also an appendix on forensic methodology and Magnetic
    >> Force Microscopy (MFM)."

    > Amusing find! Haven't laughed so much for ages...

    I am glad for you. On a serious note, I do think they worked out an
    agreement with the US gov. If you remember during the anti trust trial it
    looked as if MS was going to get split up (much like "Ma Bell" in the days)
    then suddenly everything changed...I always thought that was was strange...

    Anyway,
    Imhotep

    Imhotep, Nov 10, 2005
  5. Imhotep

    Imhotep Guest

    Hairy One Kenobi wrote:

    > "Imhotep" <> wrote in message
    >> I came across this in another news group and thought it was
    >> interesting...
    >>
    >> "If you have ever wondered, if;
    >>
    >> 1. Microsoft, was secretly spying on end-user machines?
    >> 2. Big Brother deployment scenarios were real?
    >> 3. M$ Windows was a type of bugging device?
    >>
    >> Then this, is for you my friend, the 'Top-47 Windows bugging functions',

    > and
    >> then some. There is also an appendix on forensic methodology and Magnetic
    >> Force Microscopy (MFM)."

    > Amusing find! Haven't laughed so much for ages...

    ...oh, by the way, I laugh at you quite a lot also...

    tchau,
    Imhotep

    Imhotep, Nov 10, 2005
  6. "Imhotep" <> wrote in message
    > Hairy One Kenobi wrote:
    > > "Imhotep" <> wrote in message
    > >> I came across this in another news group and thought it was
    > >> interesting...
    > >>
    > >> "If you have ever wondered, if;
    > >>
    > >> 1. Microsoft, was secretly spying on end-user machines?
    > >> 2. Big Brother deployment scenarios were real?
    > >> 3. M$ Windows was a type of bugging device?
    > >>
    > >> Then this, is for you my friend, the 'Top-47 Windows bugging

    functions',
    > > and
    > >> then some. There is also an appendix on forensic methodology and

    Magnetic
    > >> Force Microscopy (MFM)."

    > > Amusing find! Haven't laughed so much for ages...

    > ..oh, by the way, I laugh at you quite a lot also...

    Miaow!

    Or do you *really* consider word-wrapping (what actually appears to be a
    misapprehension on the author's part between cursor position and scrolling)
    to be a major source of Identity Theft?

    :eek:)

    H1K

    Hairy One Kenobi, Nov 10, 2005
  7. Imhotep

    Imhotep Guest

    Hairy One Kenobi wrote:

    > "Imhotep" <> wrote in message
    >> Hairy One Kenobi wrote:
    >> > "Imhotep" <> wrote in message

    > functions',
    >> > and

    > Magnetic
    >> >
    >> > Amusing find! Haven't laughed so much for ages...

    >> ..oh, by the way, I laugh at you quite a lot also...

    > Miaow!
    >
    > Or do you *really* consider word-wrapping (what actually appears to be a
    > misapprehension on the author's part between cursor position and
    > scrolling) to be a major source of Identity Theft?
    >
    > :eek:)
    >
    > H1K

    You really are a strange person....but what the hell, at least you're not
    boring....

    Im

    Imhotep, Nov 10, 2005
  8. "Imhotep" <> wrote in message
    > Hairy One Kenobi wrote:
    > > "Imhotep" <> wrote in message

    > > functions',

    > > Magnetic

    > >> ..oh, by the way, I laugh at you quite a lot also...

    > > Miaow!
    > >
    > > Or do you *really* consider word-wrapping (what actually appears to be a
    > > misapprehension on the author's part between cursor position and
    > > scrolling) to be a major source of Identity Theft?

    > You really are a strange person....but what the hell, at least you're not
    > boring....

    Nice to know that there's a plus to being "me" ;o)

    'Course, you're not saying that you didn't actually /read/ the article you
    posted..?*

    I personally believe that it was intentially amusing - after all, word-wrap
    and file systems aren't exactly spying mechanisms. But it's a godo way to
    get your viewpoint across, at least from a UK standpoint.

    H1K

    * That's not actually a /minus/ unless you said or implied you did. New is.
    Worked in the field for long enough!

    Hairy One Kenobi, Nov 10, 2005
  9. Imhotep

    Imhotep Guest

    Hairy One Kenobi wrote:

    > "Imhotep" <> wrote in message
    >> Hairy One Kenobi wrote:
    >> > "Imhotep" <> wrote in message

    >> > functions',
    >> > Magnetic

    >> > Miaow!
    >> >
    >> > Or do you *really* consider word-wrapping (what actually appears to be
    >> > a misapprehension on the author's part between cursor position and
    >> > scrolling) to be a major source of Identity Theft?

    >> You really are a strange person....but what the hell, at least you're not
    >> boring....

    > Nice to know that there's a plus to being "me" ;o)
    >
    > 'Course, you're not saying that you didn't actually /read/ the article you
    > posted..?*
    >
    > I personally believe that it was intentially amusing - after all,
    > word-wrap and file systems aren't exactly spying mechanisms. But it's a
    > godo way to get your viewpoint across, at least from a UK standpoint.
    >
    > H1K
    >
    > * That's not actually a /minus/ unless you said or implied you did. New
    > is. Worked in the field for long enough!

    The article was funny, you are correct. The author also writes well. But the
    premise is serious. I do believe that there is much more hidden in their
    code then we will ever know. As I said before, look at the US anti-trust
    case. The first judge was about to carve that company in two. Then all of a
    sudden, he was replaced with a Pro Windows judge resulting in a slap on the
    wrist for MS. You have to admit that was a pretty strange move by the US
    Gov. Honestly, think of it like this. As I said before, if you were working
    for the CIA, NSA, etc what would be one of the highest things on your wish
    list? How about a backdoor in an OS that has 90 something percent of the
    market include foreign countries, foreign banks, dictators, etc??? If you
    could get away with it would you /not/ do it?

    Imhotep

    Imhotep, Nov 11, 2005
  10. "Imhotep" <> wrote in message
    > Hairy One Kenobi wrote:

    <snip>

    > As I said before, if you were working
    > for the CIA, NSA, etc what would be one of the highest things on your wish
    > list? How about a backdoor in an OS that has 90 something percent of the
    > market include foreign countries, foreign banks, dictators, etc??? If you
    > could get away with it would you /not/ do it?

    Actually, the critical systems for those guys are predominantly
    mainframe-based. (Note: IBM are also a dominant force in foreign
    countries...)

    H1K

    Hairy One Kenobi, Nov 11, 2005
  11. "Imhotep" <> wrote in message

    > The article was funny, you are correct. The author also writes well. But

    the
    > premise is serious. I do believe that there is much more hidden in their
    > code then we will ever know. As I said before, look at the US anti-trust
    > case. The first judge was about to carve that company in two. Then all of

    > sudden, he was replaced with a Pro Windows judge resulting in a slap on

    the
    > wrist for MS. You have to admit that was a pretty strange move by the US
    > Gov. Honestly, think of it like this. As I said before, if you were

    working
    > for the CIA, NSA, etc what would be one of the highest things on your wish
    > list? How about a backdoor in an OS that has 90 something percent of the
    > market include foreign countries, foreign banks, dictators, etc??? If you
    > could get away with it would you /not/ do it?
    >
    > Imhotep

    And I get flamed for pointing out the connection between ZA and Mossad.

    Sheesh.

    It's so unfair.

    Leon Trollski, Nov 16, 2005