    --
    "The average user doesn't know what he wants. The average user wants
    fries with that, if prompted."
    MaHogany, Oct 14, 2006

  2. On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 15:46:31 +1300, MaHogany <> wrote:

    >Quote:
    >"We are excited to bring the security enhancements and innovative new
    >features of Windows Vista to our customers and partners around the world,
    >and we are committed to adhering to local law in every region," said
    >Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer in a written statement.

    Translation:

    We are going to bring in measures to make YOU the UNTRUSTED person on
    your own copmputer.

    Patrick
    Patrick FitzGerald, Oct 14, 2006

  3. MaHogany

    BrianM Guest

    On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 12:46:31 +1000, MaHogany wrote:

    > Quote:
    > "We are excited to bring the security enhancements and innovative new
    > features of Windows Vista to our customers and partners around the
    > world, and we are committed to adhering to local law in every region,"
    > said Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer in a written statement.
    >
    > Why are large multinational corporations always "exited" to relase
    > security patches and bugfixes?
    >
    > And why should they have to state that they are "committed" to obeying
    > the law?
    >

    > Ma Hogany

    Beats throwing chairs

    --
    BrianM
    BrianM, Oct 14, 2006
  4. MaHogany

    MaHogany Guest

    On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 04:22:54 +0000, BrianM wrote:

    >> And why should they have to state that they are "committed" to obeying
    >> the law?

    > Beats throwing chairs

    LOL!

    Ma Hogany

    MaHogany, Oct 14, 2006
  5. MaHogany

    Blue Guest

    On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 15:46:31 +1300, MaHogany wrote:

    > Quote:
    > "We are excited to bring the security enhancements and innovative new
    > features of Windows Vista to our customers and partners around the world,
    > and we are committed to adhering to local law in every region," said
    > Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer in a written statement.
    >
    > Why are large multinational corporations always "exited" to relase
    > security patches and bugfixes?
    >
    > And why should they have to state that they are "committed" to obeying the
    > law?

    To put one at ease so that they can subvert to their own cause. ;-)
    Blue, Oct 14, 2006
  6. MaHogany

    BrianM Guest

    On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 12:46:31 +1000, MaHogany wrote:

    > Quote:
    > "We are excited to bring the security enhancements and innovative new
    > features of Windows Vista to our customers and partners around the
    > world, and we are committed to adhering to local law in every region,"
    > said Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer in a written statement.
    >
    > Why are large multinational corporations always "exited" to relase
    > security patches and bugfixes?
    >
    > And why should they have to state that they are "committed" to obeying
    > the law?
    >

    > Ma Hogany

    I was listening to an IT program on radio this morning re IE7 and someone
    made a comment that the browser wouldn't work with internet
    banking - something to do with security scripting? - I wonder if someone
    has a handle on this .

    --
    BrianM
    BrianM, Oct 15, 2006