Lynksys WAP11 no link

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Denny, Aug 27, 2004.

  1. Denny

    Denny Guest

    I have a Lynksys Access Point that I connected my laptop (WinME) to the
    Internet through. It has been working fine until yesterday it shows no link
    on the LED (power light is on.) I tried connecting it by the USB to the
    laptop to use the configuration utility to see if I could fix the problem.
    When I plugged it in the new hardware notice came up and it won't recognize
    the access point as that. When I point it to the folder for the driver inf
    file it says the driver chosen is the best fit for the hardware. I then
    tried plugging it into my computer (WinXP-SP2) by the USB and it came up as
    hardware that has malfunctioned and when I try to install the driver for it
    it won't install stating there are no drivers in the folder for the
    hardware. In device manager the device does not show up. On the WinME
    system it shows up as an Unknown Device, but I am unable to install the
    driver for it.

    This is the message I get on the taskbar in WinXP
    USB Device Not Recognized
    One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and
    Windows does not recognize it.

    Recommendation: Try reconnecting the device. If Windows still does not
    recognize it, replace the device.

    My question is did the access point more than likely die?
    Denny, Aug 27, 2004