    werd Guest

    when a human inhales do the lungs fill from the bottom upwards, or from the
    top downwards, or if some other way then how?

    werd, Nov 28, 2005

  2. werd

    John Holmes Guest

    werd blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    If you inhale through your ****, the answer is yes.

    --
    Your mother was a recalcitrant minor celebrity who contracted sexually
    transmitted diseases in a small tent in the middle of nowhere.

    John Holmes, Nov 28, 2005

  3. John Holmes , wrote in message
    :
    > werd blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> when a human inhales do the lungs fill from the bottom upwards

    > If you inhale through your ****, the answer is yes.

    ROFLPMSL!!

    --
    Ganbei! Prost! Cheers! Santé! Le'chaim!
    Sláinte! Per cent'anni! Salute! Kanpai!

    Glass slopper, Nov 28, 2005
  4. werd, <>, the genderless, genderless gitface, and
    person who works in public houses washing dirty pots, amongst other menial
    tasks, modulated:

    > when a human inhales do the lungs fill from the bottom upwards, or
    > from the top downwards, or if some other way then how?

    I, personally, have an iron lung. If the power is turned off my uncle has to
    start maintaining the pressure with a foot pump. When he does that, I get a
    shot of cold air up my arse. Does that answer your question?

    Zach Schidlowska, Nov 28, 2005
  5. werd

    kenny Guest

    if you dont know how you use your lungs at least learn how to use a seach
    engine

    http://science.howstuffworks.com/lung.htm

    kenny, Nov 28, 2005
  6. werd

    Mitch Guest

    In article <FsHif.17241$>, werd
    <> wrote:

    > when a human inhales do the lungs fill from the bottom upwards, or from the
    > top downwards, or if some other way then how?

    Top downwards -- the bronchial passages are toward your throat.

    Mitch, Nov 28, 2005
  7. kenny, <>, the dirty-minded, callow scut, and cheese maker, spat:

    > if you dont know how you use your lungs at least learn how to use a
    > seach engine

    Seaching doesn't work.

    is but a dream within a dream.

    Lord Gazwad of Grantham, Nov 28, 2005
  8. werd

    Rich Wilson Guest

    "werd" <> wrote in message
    > when a human inhales do the lungs fill from the bottom upwards, or from
    > the top downwards, or if some other way then how?

    When you inflate a balloon does it fill from the top or the bottom? See why
    that's a silly question now? Unless you're inhaling water, in which case I
    suppose they'd fill from the bottom, except chances are you're probably
    upside down in which case they might fill from what you'd normally call the
    "top" but is actually now the bottom due to your inverted state, so take
    your pick of the answers depending on how you like to define "top" and
    "bottom".

    All clear now?

    Rich Wilson, Nov 28, 2005
  9. werd

    kenny Guest

    on an episode of startrek voyager, the holographic doctor made holographic
    lungs
    for Nilix, when the aliens with FAGE stole his lungs....

    Kinda reminds me of SF of the 60's. what ARE these writters thinging of....

    kenny, Nov 29, 2005
  10. werd

    fred-bloggs Guest

    "werd" <> wrote in

    > when a human inhales do the lungs fill from the bottom upwards, or
    > from the top downwards, or if some other way then how?

    That depends on the human. It is preferable to fill the bottom of your
    lungs by conciously depressing your diaphragm.
    https://www.amsa.org/healingthehealer/breathing.cfm

    --
    fred

    fred-bloggs, Nov 29, 2005
  11. Rich Wilson, <>, the foul-smelling, pimpled glutton,
    and domestic servant, trickled:

    > "werd" <> wrote in message
    >> when a human inhales do the lungs fill from the bottom upwards, or
    >> from the top downwards, or if some other way then how?

    > When you inflate a balloon does it fill from the top or the bottom?

    But what happens to your lungs, eh?
    Of course, only peasants inflate balloons by blowing them up with their
    mouths.

    is but a dream within a dream.

    Lord Gazwad of Grantham, Nov 29, 2005