    I would be grateful if someone could point me towards a list of what
    flashes would work fully with the FZ10.......

    thanx

    Finlay Spicer, Jun 11, 2004

  2. Finlay Spicer <> writes:

    > hi...can anyone tell me if the panasonic flash for the Lumix FZ 10 is a TTL
    > flash?
    >
    > I would be grateful if someone could point me towards a list of what flashes
    > would work fully with the FZ10.......

    The FZ10 does not support a TTL interface. I believe any 'automatic' flash
    that has a hot-shoe interface and puts less than 24 volts through the hot-shoe
    will work on the FZ10. Note, an automatic flash is one that has a light sensor
    that shuts off the flash when it thinks there is enough light for a given
    setting. You use it by setting the camera in manual mode to use the aperture
    (f/stop) and ISO speed that the flash indicates and a shutter speed to control
    how much ambenient light is used (faster shutter speed == more light just from
    the flash).

    Note, a lot of the medium to high end flashes (like Sunpak 383 and Vivitar
    285HV) use f/2 for the highest setting, and the FZ10 only has a f/2.8 lens.
    The Vivitar 283's highest setting is f/2.8 might be useful (note, the 283
    doesn't have variable power control for manual flash usage in the studio unless
    you buy the VP-1 variable power control).

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email:

    Michael Meissner, Jun 13, 2004