Lucent AMR softmodem slow connection to xtra

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Justin Sim, Jan 9, 2004.

  1. Justin Sim

    Justin Sim Guest

    Hi all
    Is anybody connecting succesfully to Xtra with one of these
    modems and XP.
    I've spent far too long trying to get one (internal in a
    Thinkpad) going properly for a relative. Thinkpad previously
    ran ME and had the same problem with Xtra.

    Connects at 52000 buts runs very slowly.
    DUN monitor shows bursts of data interspersed with idle
    periods lasting over a second between bursts. This pattern
    is regular.

    I have tried a number of drivers and varied the settings
    without much success Also slowed it down to 33000 but still
    shows regular pauses in transmission.

    This modem runs fine when connected to IHUG.

    Any (helpful) suggestions welcome.

    Thanks

    Justin

    Justin Sim, Jan 9, 2004

  2. Justin Sim

    Io Guest

    > This modem runs fine when connected to IHUG.
    >
    > Any (helpful) suggestions welcome.

    Have you installed the latest drivers from Lucent's website?

    Io, Jan 9, 2004

  3. Justin Sim

    Justin Sim Guest

    On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 19:09:10 +1300, Io
    <> wrote:

    >> This modem runs fine when connected to IHUG.
    >>
    >> Any (helpful) suggestions welcome.
    >>

    >Have you installed the latest drivers from Lucent's website?

    Lucent have moved their modem business to Agere. The Agere
    site doesn't offer a driver for the AMR softmodem.
    I have tried the XP driver from the IBM site and the later
    version microsoft driver with the same problem occuring with
    both drivers and Xtra.

    Justin Sim, Jan 9, 2004