    drives. I can't find any mention of 64bit drivers on LSI's site, but I
    thought I saw a list somewhere on Microsoft's site. Is there an HCL where I
    could check this out?
    Dennis Gordon, Sep 3, 2005

  2. Dennis Gordon

    Rick Guest

    Dennis Gordon wrote:
    > I have an extra LSI Logic U160 SCSI controller, as well as a couple of 15K
    > drives. I can't find any mention of 64bit drivers on LSI's site, but I
    > thought I saw a list somewhere on Microsoft's site. Is there an HCL where I
    > could check this out?

    According to AMD, http://developer.amd.com/drivers.aspx , the drivers
    are in Win XP x64.
    Rick, Sep 3, 2005

  3. Thanks for the link, but I don't find any compatible U160 drivers there,
    just U320. Did I miss something?

    Dennis Gordon, Sep 3, 2005
  4. Dennis Gordon

    Rick Guest

    In the right column on the AMD site it states that the drivers are
    "Windows (Win64): In box". That means the drivers are included in the
    Win XP x64 distribution. What more do you want?

    Rick, Sep 3, 2005
  5. Okay, but I was looking for drivers for the specific card (LSIU160). I
    didn't see any mention of that. Presuming they are on the installation CD,
    would I then need to copy them to a floppy and install with F6?

    Dennis Gordon, Sep 3, 2005
  6. Dennis Gordon

    Rick Guest

    No. If the driver is in the x64 distribution, just like any other
    edition of any other OS, you do not need to load the driver via F6
    during installation.

    You only need to worry about it if you get to the step where you are
    asked to select a drive to install to, and the drive doesn't show up.
    If the drive is listed, then the system has loaded the driver and the
    install program sees the drive.

    Rick, Sep 4, 2005
  7. Gotcha. Thanks...

    Dennis Gordon, Sep 4, 2005