LSE begins migration to high performance agile efficientLinux-based trading platform

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Sweetpea, Jan 25, 2010.

  1. Sweetpea

    Sweetpea Guest

    London Stock Exchange [LSE] begins migration to Linux-based trading platform

    http://www.computerworlduk.com/technology/networking/messaging/news/index.cfm?newsid=18429

    "" It will replace the outgoing TradElect platform, based on Microsoft .Net architecture and upgraded by
    Accenture only two years ago at a cost of £40 million. ""

    "" The new platform would give it [the LSE] “high performance†trading, as well as an “agile, efficient, in-
    house IT development capabilityâ€, it said. ""

    Some here may recall when Micro$oft crowed about how it had won the LSE, but for those who are not
    aware of the background, I've provided links below:

    http://www.microsoft.com/uk/getthefacts/lse.mspx

    "" Using the Microsoft® .NET Framework in Windows Server® 2003 and the Microsoft SQL Server™
    2000 database, the new Infolect® system has been built to achieve unprecedented levels of
    performance, availability, and business agility. Launched in September 2005, it is maintaining the
    London Stock Exchange’s world-leading service reliability record while reducing latency by a factor of
    15. Its successful implementation, with support from Microsoft and Accenture, shows the London Stock
    Exchange’s leadership in developing next-generation trading systems. ""

    London Stock Exchange to abandon failed Windows platform

    http://blogs.computerworld.com/london_stock_exchange_to_abandon_failed_windows_platform

    "" It's not often that you see a major company dump its infrastructure software the way the LSE is about
    to do. But, then, it's not often you see enterprise software fail quite so badly and publicly as was the
    case with the LSE. ""

    London Stock Exchange: Data Warehouse

    http://www.accenture.com/Global/Technology/Microsoft_Solutions/LondonWarehouse.htm

    "" The three-week prototype phase demonstrated that the Exchange's key requirements—low cost of
    ownership, scalability, resilience, stability and security, functionality (including speed of delivery) and
    performance-could indeed be fulfilled. "We've really found the C# and .NET framework development
    tools to be best of breed for us," says Ian Homan, head of technology for the Exchange. "They've given
    us unprecedented amounts of productivity and enable us to focus less on the plumbing and more on
    adding value to our business." ""

    Sweetpea, Jan 25, 2010

  2. Re: LSE begins migration to high performance agile efficient Linux-based trading platform

    In message <>, Sweetpea wrote:

    > http://www.microsoft.com/uk/getthefacts/lse.mspx

    I’m impressed that page is still up. :)

    By the way, it’s not saved at archive.org. Unless someone else has archived
    a copy, it’s going to disappear once Microsoft removes it...

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jan 25, 2010

  3. Sweetpea

    Sweetpea Guest

    On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 22:00:54 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > In message <>, Sweetpea wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/uk/getthefacts/lse.mspx

    > I’m impressed that page is still up. :)
    >
    > By the way, it’s not saved at archive.org. Unless someone else has
    > archived a copy, it’s going to disappear once Microsoft removes it...

    And...?

    Sweetpea, Jan 25, 2010
  4. Re: LSE begins migration to high performance agile efficient Linux-based trading platform

    In message <>, Sweetpea wrote:

    > And...?

    And what?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jan 25, 2010
  5. Sweetpea

    Sweetpea Guest

    On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 02:59:11 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > In message <>, Sweetpea wrote:
    >
    >> And...?

    > And what?

    Indeed!