    this might be a virus or a problem with windows not being on drive C.
    --
    Scott the Desert Rat
    =?Utf-8?B?U2NvdHQ=?=, Jul 19, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?U2NvdHQ=?=

    Shane Guest

    "Scott" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > After I install all drivers and finish a complete new install of windows
    > XP
    > Pro 64 OEM disk, durning the next boot I get that the password does not
    > match. No password was installed during setup, raid drivers were installed
    > from asus web site onto a floppy. My setup is a asus A8N-E motherboard
    > with 2
    > gigs of ram, two 36 gig raptors (which are my only drives). I have read
    > that
    > this might be a virus or a problem with windows not being on drive C.
    > --
    > Scott the Desert Rat

    I haven't tried, but does ntfsdos work on XP 64? if so, you may be able to
    yank the SAM file and use lophtcrack to brute force the password, just in
    case you want to know what it is being changed to. There are lots of
    password utils out there, but again, I don;t know enough about 64 yet to
    know if these work on it. hmm.. interesting though.

    Shane
    Shane, Jul 19, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?U2NvdHQ=?=

    Bill Guest

    I had a similar problem on my A8N-SLI last night. Booted into safe mode, it
    accepted the password. Rebooted normally and it accepted the password that
    time.

    Bill

    Bill, Jul 19, 2005