    files from the infected drive? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
    in advance!
    , Mar 13, 2005

  2. Toolman Tim Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi, I've been receiving a system error everytime I startup my computer
    > on Windows XP. The dialog box message is "lsass.exe - System Error.
    > Object name not found". The system then automatically restarts. I could
    > not do anything. This also happens even if I tried the other "F8"
    > startup options (ie. Safe Mode, Last Known Good Configuration).
    >
    > The system runs with Windows XP Pro on "F" partition; file system is
    > NTFS. There's also another OS in "C" partition, with FAT32 file system,
    > which runs normally and not affected by the lsass.exe infection.
    >
    > Initial search on the Internet about the lsass.exe error exposed me to
    > the Sasser Worm. I was able to download some Sasser worm removal tools
    > from the Internet, but I could not run them because everytime I boot
    > from a Floppy, the C drive is only visible (recall: my Win XP is on F
    > drive).
    >
    > Can anyone help me on how I could recover my system from this lsass.exe
    > infection? There's another thing that I haven't tried yet, that is to
    > bootup from a Windows XP CD. But what could be done if I bootup from
    > the CD? Will I be able to access the NTFS "F" partition? Will there be
    > an option in the CD to repair the WinXP OS but also recover all the
    > files from the infected drive? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
    > in advance!

    Have you tried booting into SAFE MODE? Press F8 over and over again right
    after the memory test. Then run the Sasser removal tools.
    Toolman Tim, Mar 13, 2005

  3. wrote:
    > Hi, I've been receiving a system error everytime I startup my computer
    > on Windows XP. The dialog box message is "lsass.exe - System Error.
    > Object name not found". The system then automatically restarts. I could
    > not do anything. This also happens even if I tried the other "F8"
    > startup options (ie. Safe Mode, Last Known Good Configuration).
    >
    > The system runs with Windows XP Pro on "F" partition; file system is
    > NTFS. There's also another OS in "C" partition, with FAT32 file system,
    > which runs normally and not affected by the lsass.exe infection.
    >
    > Initial search on the Internet about the lsass.exe error exposed me to
    > the Sasser Worm. I was able to download some Sasser worm removal tools
    > from the Internet, but I could not run them because everytime I boot
    > from a Floppy, the C drive is only visible (recall: my Win XP is on F
    > drive).
    >
    > Can anyone help me on how I could recover my system from this lsass.exe
    > infection? There's another thing that I haven't tried yet, that is to
    > bootup from a Windows XP CD. But what could be done if I bootup from
    > the CD? Will I be able to access the NTFS "F" partition? Will there be
    > an option in the CD to repair the WinXP OS but also recover all the
    > files from the infected drive? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
    > in advance!

    Look about 2/3 of the way down the page at what to do if you are unable
    to run the machine long enough to run removal tools:
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?T3AE52E28
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Mar 14, 2005
  4. WormWood Guest

    "Toolman Tim" wrote:

    > <> wrote:

    <snip>
    The system then automatically rest. artsI could
    >> not do anything. This also happens even if I tried the other "F8"
    >> startup options (ie. Safe Mode, Last Known Good Configuration).

    <snip>

    > Have you tried booting into SAFE MODE? Press F8 over and over again
    > right after the memory test. Then run the Sasser removal tools.

    heh....<ahem> <aher> Gotcha, Mr. Toolsmans...
    WormWood, Mar 14, 2005
  5. Toolman Tim Guest

    "WormWood" <> wrote in message

    > "Toolman Tim" wrote:
    > >
    >> <> wrote:

    > <snip>
    > The system then automatically rest. artsI could
    >>> not do anything. This also happens even if I tried the other "F8"
    >>> startup options (ie. Safe Mode, Last Known Good Configuration).
    >>>

    > <snip>
    >
    >> Have you tried booting into SAFE MODE? Press F8 over and over again right
    >> after the memory test. Then run the Sasser removal tools.
    >>

    > heh....<ahem> <aher> Gotcha, Mr. Toolsmans...

    <g> sorry ... reading too fast again ;o)
    Toolman Tim, Mar 14, 2005
  6. neville Guest

    I got sasser so i took it back tothe shop and they got rid of it.

    neville, Mar 14, 2005
  7. suzette Guest

    Thanks! I just performed parallel installation of Windows. It worked! I
    then acquired ownership of the protected folders in Documents and
    Settings.
    suzette, Mar 16, 2005
  8. lizzzy

    Joined:
    May 10, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    how do you perform a parallel installation of windows... i just got this stupid virus and i want it gone...thanks...
    lizzzy, May 10, 2007