    These are all HP printers using internal or external jet direct cards...

    Also is there any difference between a standard tcp/ip port and an HP TCP/IP
    Port? THanks
    DJ Chiro, Nov 7, 2003

  2. DJ Chiro

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    "DJ Chiro" <dj_chiro@hotmail<DOT>com> wrote in
    news::
    > Since I've been here I noticed there are a few quirky problems with
    > users printing and the spooler needing to be reset on the print
    > server(W2K). I feel that some of these problems could be because some
    > ports are setup as LPR.
    >
    > Am I right?

    ??????
    before you make changes that affect multiple users, make sure you have all
    the pertinent info. why don't you just ask the guy why he hasn't made the
    change from LPR to ip printing - and volunteer to do the work if you still
    want to make the change.

    > Also is there any difference between a standard tcp/ip port and an HP
    > TCP/IP Port? THanks

    yes. check the microsoft site? if there wasn't - they wouldn't bother
    seperating the two, would they?
    Rowdy Yates, Nov 7, 2003