    No response from their customer care, so dont bother with this
    scam.....

    , Mar 9, 2007

  2. Elia Finotti Guest

    <> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:...
    >I recently tried LowRateVoip. Firstly it is not Free as they
    > advertise, It says 5c connection fee and 1 Eurocent per minute A side
    > and B side when I try to connect.

    5c for webcalls, is true and normal...
    1c for calls over 30 freedays or 200min per week, is true and normal...

    > WORST of all, any number I try to call (and yes!,I am using the
    > correct international format) is considered INVALID! So, the 10Euro I
    > paid is just sitting there and I can get NOTHING for it...........

    Please, can you post an example of number called?

    Elia Finotti, Mar 9, 2007

  3. Jono Guest

    explained on 09/03/2007 :
    > I recently tried LowRateVoip. Firstly it is not Free as they
    > advertise, It says 5c connection fee and 1 Eurocent per minute A side
    > and B side when I try to connect.
    >
    > WORST of all, any number I try to call (and yes!,I am using the
    > correct international format) is considered INVALID! So, the 10Euro I
    > paid is just sitting there and I can get NOTHING for it...........
    >
    > No response from their customer care, so dont bother with this
    > scam.....

    I've never had a problem with any of this group's cloe companies.

    The two I use presently are www.internetcalls.com & www.voipcheap.com

    I have saved an absolute fortune using them.

    The webcalls feature does cost more than dialling using your own
    equipment. it's not really hidden information that you seem to be
    claiming was kept from you...

    Jono, Mar 9, 2007
  4. Jono Guest

    (supersedes <>)

    explained on 09/03/2007 :
    > I recently tried LowRateVoip. Firstly it is not Free as they
    > advertise, It says 5c connection fee and 1 Eurocent per minute A side
    > and B side when I try to connect.
    >
    > WORST of all, any number I try to call (and yes!,I am using the
    > correct international format) is considered INVALID! So, the 10Euro I
    > paid is just sitting there and I can get NOTHING for it...........
    >
    > No response from their customer care, so dont bother with this
    > scam.....

    I've never had a problem with any of this group's clone companies.

    Jono, Mar 9, 2007
  5. Graham Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >I recently tried LowRateVoip. Firstly it is not Free as they
    > advertise, It says 5c connection fee and 1 Eurocent per minute A side
    > and B side when I try to connect.
    >
    > WORST of all, any number I try to call (and yes!,I am using the
    > correct international format) is considered INVALID! So, the 10Euro I
    > paid is just sitting there and I can get NOTHING for it...........
    >
    > No response from their customer care, so dont bother with this
    > scam.....

    Many of us who post on this Newsgroup use Betamax clones, such as
    LowRateVoip.
    and in general people are well satisfied.

    It is true that they don't do customer care, if you want that, go to Vonage
    or BTBBV
    but you will pay a lot more.

    Give us some more details of what you are doing and we will try to help.
    Start by telling us what you are using to make calls,
    The Soft-Phone on the site?

    --
    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%

    Graham, Mar 9, 2007
  6. wrote:
    > I recently tried LowRateVoip. Firstly it is not Free as they
    > advertise, It says 5c connection fee and 1 Eurocent per minute A side
    > and B side when I try to connect.
    >
    > WORST of all, any number I try to call (and yes!,I am using the
    > correct international format) is considered INVALID! So, the 10Euro I
    > paid is just sitting there and I can get NOTHING for it...........
    >
    > No response from their customer care, so dont bother with this
    > scam.....

    Using 00441... or 00442 etc for UK calls, 001 for USA calls?

    Many calls are free if using their software.

    It sounds like you aren't using their system on your PC for that part of
    the call, but using a webcallback system, where you enter your number
    and their number, then this there is a connection charge for. This is
    where it calls your phone first, then after a few seconds connects you
    to the other caller.

    If you were to use mic and speakers / headset on the PC for the first
    part of the call and therefore only need to ring the destination it will
    be cheaper. This is you don't use your phoneline, but use the internet
    and your PC for the first part of the call.

    You need to use 00 or + for the international pre-fix.

    I've done a test call and it works fine.

    I use one of their sister services as they offer longer freedays.

    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Mar 9, 2007
  7. wrote:
    > So, the 10Euro I
    > paid is just sitting there and I can get NOTHING for it...........

    I'd offer you 5 euro for it, but I already subscribe to another supplier.

    But I'm sure someone else here would make you a similar offer.
    So that way you DO get something back.

    Salvador Freemanson, Mar 9, 2007