    Toploader and a Slingshot - that both need repair.

    Thanks!

    jc

    JC Dill, Jul 22, 2007

  2. JC Dill

    MadHatter Guest

    On Jul 22, 9:59 am, JC Dill <> wrote:
    > Does anyone here have any experience with how long it usually takes
    > for Lowepro to repair a bag with a busted zipper? We have 2 - a
    > Toploader and a Slingshot - that both need repair.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > jc

    I'm sorry that I don't know the answer to your question. However,
    would you consider a local seamstress to be a viable option?

    MadHatter, Jul 23, 2007

  3. JC Dill

    Stewy Guest

    In article <>,
    MadHatter <> wrote:

    > On Jul 22, 9:59 am, JC Dill <> wrote:
    > > Does anyone here have any experience with how long it usually takes
    > > for Lowepro to repair a bag with a busted zipper? We have 2 - a
    > > Toploader and a Slingshot - that both need repair.
    > >
    > > Thanks!
    > >
    > > jc

    > I'm sorry that I don't know the answer to your question. However,
    > would you consider a local seamstress to be a viable option?

    The seamstress would probably do it far faster and far cheaper than the
    maker.

    I had a busted clip on a Karimor and they wanted $40 to undo the
    stitching fit a new bit of plastic and re-stitch.

    Stewy, Jul 23, 2007
  4. JC Dill

    N Guest

    "MadHatter" <> wrote in message
    > On Jul 22, 9:59 am, JC Dill <> wrote:
    >> Does anyone here have any experience with how long it usually takes
    >> for Lowepro to repair a bag with a busted zipper? We have 2 - a
    >> Toploader and a Slingshot - that both need repair.
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >>
    >> jc

    > I'm sorry that I don't know the answer to your question. However,
    > would you consider a local seamstress to be a viable option?

    I'd be more inclined to ask a bootmaker.

    N, Jul 23, 2007
  5. "Stewy" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > MadHatter <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Jul 22, 9:59 am, JC Dill <> wrote:
    >> > Does anyone here have any experience with how long it usually takes
    >> > for Lowepro to repair a bag with a busted zipper? We have 2 - a
    >> > Toploader and a Slingshot - that both need repair.
    >> >
    >> > Thanks!
    >> >
    >> > jc

    >> I'm sorry that I don't know the answer to your question. However,
    >> would you consider a local seamstress to be a viable option?

    > The seamstress would probably do it far faster and far cheaper than the
    > maker.
    >
    > I had a busted clip on a Karimor and they wanted $40 to undo the
    > stitching fit a new bit of plastic and re-stitch.

    Lowepro bags have a lifetime warranty. They'll fix or replace the bags for
    free.

    Regards,
    John E. Golden

    John E. Golden, Jul 23, 2007
  6. JC Dill

    C J Campbell Guest

    On 2007-07-22 09:59:08 -0700, JC Dill <> said:

    > Does anyone here have any experience with how long it usually takes
    > for Lowepro to repair a bag with a busted zipper? We have 2 - a
    > Toploader and a Slingshot - that both need repair.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > jc

    Best place to ask is at the baggage claim counter of your local airport
    -- the place where you go to report lost or damaged luggage. Those guys
    know local shops where to get things like that fixed, pronto.

    Of course, if the damage is under warranty, by all means have LowePro
    fix it. It takes up to six weeks in my experience.
    --
    Waddling Eagle
    World Famous Flight Instructor

    C J Campbell, Jul 23, 2007
  7. JC Dill

    JC Dill Guest

    On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 09:59:08 -0700, JC Dill <> wrote:

    >Does anyone here have any experience with how long it usually takes
    >for Lowepro to repair a bag with a busted zipper? We have 2 - a
    >Toploader and a Slingshot - that both need repair.

    I have a definitive answer.

    We shipped out bags off via UPS on Tuesday, they arrived at Lowepro on
    Wednesday. (Both locations are in northern California). We got new
    bags via UPS today. They opted to replace our bags with new ones
    (same models) rather than repair the broken zippers.

    GREAT customer service!

    jc

    JC Dill, Jul 27, 2007