LowePro Photo Gloves

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Jeff Shoaf, Jan 25, 2004.

  1. Jeff Shoaf

    Jeff Shoaf Guest

    Jeff Shoaf, Jan 25, 2004

  2. Jeff Shoaf

    John Bean Guest

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 18:00:54 GMT, Jeff Shoaf wrote:

    > Anybody have any experience with these:
    >
    > http://www.lowepro.com/pages/series/acesory/gloves.htm
    >
    > in moderately cold tempertures?
    >
    > TIA!

    How cold is cold? :)

    They're very good in UK winter conditions, down to a few degrees below, but
    I wouldn't like them as my only gloves if it was much colder than that.
    They give a reasonable amount of "feel" - not a lot! - but they have good
    grip. I like them.

    --
    John Bean

    Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy,
    wealthy and wise (some dead guy)

    John Bean, Jan 25, 2004

  3. Jeff Shoaf

    Jeff Shoaf Guest

    John Bean <> wrote in

    > On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 18:00:54 GMT, Jeff Shoaf wrote:
    >
    >> Anybody have any experience with these:
    >>
    >> http://www.lowepro.com/pages/series/acesory/gloves.htm
    >>
    >> in moderately cold tempertures?
    >>
    >> TIA!

    > How cold is cold? :)
    >
    > They're very good in UK winter conditions, down to a few degrees
    > below, but I wouldn't like them as my only gloves if it was much
    > colder than that. They give a reasonable amount of "feel" - not a lot!
    > - but they have good grip. I like them.

    If you're in the UK, I'm assuming you mean a few degrees below 0 Celsius,
    so that'd be in the mid- to upper-20's Farenheit...

    Thanks for the info. You don't mention what type of camera you use, so
    please permit me to ask a few more detailed questions.

    o Can you turn the various camera control knobs and wheels easily?

    o Can you tell when you've pushed the various small buttons by feel, or do
    you need to look at 'em or the camera display?

    o Any problems changing lenses, etc.?

    Thanks again!

    Jeff Shoaf, Jan 25, 2004
  4. Jeff Shoaf

    John Bean Guest

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 18:45:37 GMT, Jeff Shoaf wrote:

    > If you're in the UK, I'm assuming you mean a few degrees below 0 Celsius,
    > so that'd be in the mid- to upper-20's Farenheit...

    Yep, that's the one. I'm old enough to still use degF, but none of the
    young 'uns around me understand it. The only crossover points I remember
    other than freezing/boiling are the photographic ones: 68/20, 100/38.

    > Thanks for the info. You don't mention what type of camera you use, so
    > please permit me to ask a few more detailed questions.
    >
    > o Can you turn the various camera control knobs and wheels easily?
    >
    > o Can you tell when you've pushed the various small buttons by feel, or do
    > you need to look at 'em or the camera display?
    >
    > o Any problems changing lenses, etc.?

    I use lots of cameras, film and digital. No problem at all changing lenses
    or operating control rings/knobs/dials/thumbwheels, but recessed buttons
    are a pain. Normal "surface" buttons are ok if you know your camera really
    well, but they're hard to find by feel.

    HTH

    --
    John Bean

    I never knew my father was an alcoholic
    until he came home sober one night... (Andre Botes)

    John Bean, Jan 25, 2004
  5. Jeff Shoaf

    Jeff Shoaf Guest

    John Bean <> wrote in

    > I use lots of cameras, film and digital. No problem at all changing
    > lenses or operating control rings/knobs/dials/thumbwheels, but
    > recessed buttons are a pain. Normal "surface" buttons are ok if you
    > know your camera really well, but they're hard to find by feel.
    >
    > HTH

    Great! Thanks again.

    Jeff Shoaf, Jan 25, 2004
  6. Jeff Shoaf

    druidh Guest

    "Jeff Shoaf" <> wrote in message
    > Anybody have any experience with these:
    >
    > http://www.lowepro.com/pages/series/acesory/gloves.htm
    >
    > in moderately cold tempertures?
    >
    > TIA!

    I'd also suggest looking into a couple of hillwallking shops. Similar
    problems regarding feel and warmth and many manufacturers and designs to
    choose from. You can get an idea of some at www.fieldandtrek.com too.

    druidh

    druidh, Jan 25, 2004
  7. Jeff Shoaf

    Jeff Shoaf Guest

    "druidh" <> wrote in news:QeWQb.9$z02.8@news-
    binary.blueyonder.co.uk:

    > "Jeff Shoaf" <> wrote in message
    >> Anybody have any experience with these:
    >>
    >> http://www.lowepro.com/pages/series/acesory/gloves.htm
    >>
    >> in moderately cold tempertures?
    >>
    >> TIA!
    >>

    > I'd also suggest looking into a couple of hillwallking shops. Similar
    > problems regarding feel and warmth and many manufacturers and designs to
    > choose from. You can get an idea of some at www.fieldandtrek.com too.
    >

    > druidh

    Thanks!

    Jeff Shoaf, Jan 25, 2004
  8. Jeff Shoaf

    Tom Monego Guest

    You should try croos country ski gloves, light weight, flexible, water
    resistant. Work real well. From www.REI.com or ski shops. Bought a $40 pair
    this time last year for $10.

    Tom

    In article <Xns947B9F060C13Cjeffshoafalltel.net@63.223.5.95>,
    says...

    Tom Monego, Jan 26, 2004
  9. Jeff Shoaf

    Jeff Shoaf Guest

    (Tom Monego) wrote in

    > You should try croos country ski gloves, light weight, flexible, water
    > resistant. Work real well. From www.REI.com or ski shops. Bought a $40
    > pair this time last year for $10.
    >
    > Tom

    Thanks for the suggestion!

    Jeff Shoaf, Jan 27, 2004
  10. Jeff Shoaf

    Gretch Guest

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 18:00:54 +0000, Jeff Shoaf wrote:

    > Anybody have any experience with these:
    >
    > http://www.lowepro.com/pages/series/acesory/gloves.htm
    >
    > in moderately cold tempertures?
    >
    > TIA!

    Check out the specialized mittens and gloves for ice fishers and shooters.
    Same principle.

    Gretch, Jan 27, 2004