    be good to keep the charger in there as well.

    Does anyone know of a good stockist in the UK?

    Thanks.
    Keith, Dec 27, 2004

  2. Keith

    chidalgo Guest

    Keith wrote:

    > Lowepro make a range of backpacks for camera gear, it's difficult to
    > make an assessment of what they are like from their web site. Does
    > anyone use one here and like to pass a comment or two?

    I have 2 lowepro bags. They're very reliable.

    One is a backpack to load all my gear + laptop, and another is for the
    field, when i need fast access to some gear. Plus, got some bags
    attached to my belt, to get more gear in the hand faster.

    Very good construction; my 2 cents :)

    --
    chidalgo
    chidalgo, Dec 27, 2004

  3. Keith

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: (Keith)

    >Lowepro make a range of backpacks for camera gear, it's difficult to
    >make an assessment of what they are like from their web site. Does
    >anyone use one here and like to pass a comment or two?

    Wife and I have three of the PhotoTrekker AW Lowe Pros, which are larger
    backpacks for carrying a lot of gear, either on a plane or while hiking. They
    make very good bags, pretty much every pro I've ever seen working in the field
    doing nature photography had a LowePro of some sort or other.
    Bill Hilton, Dec 27, 2004
  4. "Keith" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Lowepro make a range of backpacks for camera gear, it's difficult to
    > make an assessment of what they are like from their web site. Does
    > anyone use one here and like to pass a comment or two?
    >
    > I will want to carry 1 DSLR body with battery grip, around 3 lenses,
    > tripod and Kaidan 360 Pano head, as well as other bits and pieces, might
    > be good to keep the charger in there as well.

    I have a LowePro Computrekker AW since I always carry a laptop with me. It's
    very comfortable, well made, has all the necessary straps etc. If you're
    looking for a backpack-type camera bag, hard to beat them. Note that they
    come in several sizes.

    HMc
    Howard McCollister, Dec 27, 2004
  5. Keith

    eric Guest

    Keith wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Lowepro make a range of backpacks for camera gear, it's difficult to
    > make an assessment of what they are like from their web site. Does
    > anyone use one here and like to pass a comment or two?
    >
    > I will want to carry 1 DSLR body with battery grip, around 3 lenses,
    > tripod and Kaidan 360 Pano head, as well as other bits and pieces, might
    > be good to keep the charger in there as well.
    >
    > Does anyone know of a good stockist in the UK?
    >
    > Thanks.

    I just got the Mini Trekker Classic. I am quite impressed with it. I
    carry my 20D, 3 lenses, accessories, and my Fuji602 P&S. The tripod
    straps to the outside. All in all, very well thought out.

    eric
    eric, Dec 27, 2004
  6. Keith

    RustY© Guest

    "Keith" <> wrote in message

    > Lowepro make a range of backpacks .....
    > Does anyone know of a good stockist in the UK?

    Your local Jessops will get one in for you to look at and match UK prices
    but you can save a fortune by buying via ebay from abroad. My sack was £90
    from Canada or £270 from the cheapest UK dealer. Even with tax and postage
    etc I saved over £100. Obviously LowePro know that most UK buyers are mugs
    and that they will cough up. Other than the price I have no complaints with
    the bag at all.
    --
    For Welsh Military Flying visit .......
    RustY©, Dec 28, 2004
  7. In article <1gph31x.1hhrhvb1f1st0uN%>, Keith
    <> wrote:

    > Lowepro make a range of backpacks for camera gear, it's difficult to
    > make an assessment of what they are like from their web site. Does
    > anyone use one here and like to pass a comment or two?

    Haven't used their backpacks, but I have a Magnum that purchased when
    the brand first came out, decades ago. I've carried it all over the
    world. When the foam pad in the bottom rotted out a year or two ago,
    they replaced it - free.

    LowePro HAS my bag business.
    Scott Schuckert, Dec 28, 2004
  8. Keith

    John Mares Guest

    "Keith" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Lowepro make a range of backpacks for camera gear, it's difficult to
    > make an assessment of what they are like from their web site. Does
    > anyone use one here and like to pass a comment or two?
    >
    > I will want to carry 1 DSLR body with battery grip, around 3 lenses,
    > tripod and Kaidan 360 Pano head, as well as other bits and pieces, might
    > be good to keep the charger in there as well.
    >
    > Does anyone know of a good stockist in the UK?

    By way of a contrast - I carry one of these, has done two or three overseas
    trips with my D100 and several lenses, a midsize MINIDV camcorder and
    lenses, chargers and spare batteries for everything, etc. etc.. brilliant
    bag so far, tough and not as obviously a 'steal me camera bag'.

    Ingenious system on the outside for strapping on a tripod if you wish..

    http://tinyurl.com/6335g

    The price at AU$72 is brilliant. ($55 USD)

    I originally bought it because I couldn't afford the Lowepro's at the time
    and now I'm quite content with it.

    John Mares
    John Mares, Dec 28, 2004
  9. Keith

    Don Guest

    I carry a similar load to that described below and fit it all and a little
    more in a Lowepro Mini Trekker AW. It was the first of the range I was
    considering that had the capacity to carry a decent sized tripod in a fold
    out pouch arrangement that works very well. I also have the Micro Trekker
    which will carry about the same amount of gear but no tripod. All of my
    friends have settled on Lowepro (for a number of reasons including a pretty
    good pricing set-up considering the quality) and only one has raised any
    "serious" complaints and this related to the quality of the zipper. I think
    he got a lemon. Would recommend them highly.

    regards

    Don from Down Under

    Don, Dec 28, 2004
  10. Keith

    Frank ess Guest

    chidalgo wrote:
    > Keith wrote:
    >
    >> Lowepro make a range of backpacks for camera gear, it's difficult to
    >> make an assessment of what they are like from their web site. Does
    >> anyone use one here and like to pass a comment or two?

    > I have 2 lowepro bags. They're very reliable.
    >
    > One is a backpack to load all my gear + laptop, and another is for the
    > field, when i need fast access to some gear. Plus, got some bags
    > attached to my belt, to get more gear in the hand faster.
    >
    > Very good construction; my 2 cents :)

    I have been shopping for a camera backpack. LowePro seem very good;
    however I am holding out for a pack that doesn't require opening the
    entire cavern to extract a lens.

    Domke made one with three "drawers", each independent, according to the
    pictures. LowePro is in my neighborhood stores, so I could handle them
    and judge their sizes. Not so, Domke. Anyone have experience with the
    Domke "OutPack" Backpack? I don't want to order and return one, but if I
    have to, I will.

    --
    Frank ess
    Frank ess, Dec 28, 2004
  11. Keith

    measekite Guest

    Is LowePro better than Tamrac?

    measekite, Dec 28, 2004
  12. Keith

    Steve Green Guest

    On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 08:47:17 GMT, "Don" <>
    wrote:

    (snip)
    > All of my
    >friends have settled on Lowepro (for a number of reasons including a pretty
    >good pricing set-up considering the quality) and only one has raised any
    >"serious" complaints and this related to the quality of the zipper. I think
    >he got a lemon. Would recommend them highly.

    Lowe products have a lifetime warranty; they will repair or replace
    anything that fails. Great company, excellent and well-designed
    products.

    Steve Green
    Steve Green, Jan 4, 2005