    Silence Supp Enable - No
    FAX CED Detect Enable - yes

    Many thanks
    Port Admiral Haynes, Feb 11, 2007

  2. Port Admiral Haynes

    Graham Guest

    "Port Admiral Haynes" <> wrote in message
    >I have a Binatone Fusion 2200 DECT Phone plugged into a Linksys PAP2T ATA
    >and place outgoing calls via VoipDiscount. The people I call say that when
    >I speak my voice is a little on the quiet side. Is there anything I can do
    >to increase the volume?
    >
    > The PAP2T has no user manual with it and I don't want to mess in case I
    > mess things up!!!
    >
    > The setting in Audio Config are as follows
    >
    > Preferred Codec - G711u
    > Use Pref Codec Only - No
    > DTMF Tx method - Auto
    > Silence Supp Enable - No
    > FAX CED Detect Enable - yes
    >
    > Many thanks

    Try playing with the FXS Port Input Gain on the regional tab.
    --

    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%
    Graham, Feb 11, 2007

  3. "Graham" <> wrote in message

    > "Port Admiral Haynes" <> wrote in message
    >>I have a Binatone Fusion 2200 DECT Phone plugged into a Linksys PAP2T ATA
    >>and place outgoing calls via VoipDiscount. The people I call say that when
    >>I speak my voice is a little on the quiet side. Is there anything I can
    >>do to increase the volume?
    >>
    >> The PAP2T has no user manual with it and I don't want to mess in case I
    >> mess things up!!!
    >>
    >> The setting in Audio Config are as follows
    >>
    >> Preferred Codec - G711u
    >> Use Pref Codec Only - No
    >> DTMF Tx method - Auto
    >> Silence Supp Enable - No
    >> FAX CED Detect Enable - yes
    >>
    >> Many thanks

    > Try playing with the FXS Port Input Gain on the regional tab.
    > --
    >
    > Graham.
    > %Profound_observation%

    Many thanks - I will give it a go
    Port Admiral Haynes, Feb 11, 2007
  4. "Port Admiral Haynes" <> wrote in message
    >I have a Binatone Fusion 2200 DECT Phone plugged into a Linksys PAP2T ATA
    >and place outgoing calls via VoipDiscount. The people I call say that when
    >I speak my voice is a little on the quiet side. Is there anything I can do
    >to increase the volume?
    >
    > The PAP2T has no user manual with it and I don't want to mess in case I
    > mess things up!!!
    >
    > The setting in Audio Config are as follows
    >
    > Preferred Codec - G711u
    > Use Pref Codec Only - No
    > DTMF Tx method - Auto
    > Silence Supp Enable - No
    > FAX CED Detect Enable - yes
    >
    > Many thanks

    Both FXS Port Input and Output Gain is set to -3 at the moment - any
    suggestions as to what I should try?
    Port Admiral Haynes, Feb 11, 2007
  5. Thus spaketh Port Admiral Haynes:

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Feb 11, 2007
  6. "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Thus spaketh Port Admiral Haynes:
    >> "Port Admiral Haynes" <> wrote in message
    >>> I have a Binatone Fusion 2200 DECT Phone plugged into a Linksys
    >>> PAP2T ATA and place outgoing calls via VoipDiscount. The people I
    >>> call say that when I speak my voice is a little on the quiet side.
    >>> Is there anything I can do to increase the volume?
    >>>
    >>> The PAP2T has no user manual with it and I don't want to mess in
    >>> case I mess things up!!!
    >>>
    >>> The setting in Audio Config are as follows
    >>>
    >>> Preferred Codec - G711u
    >>> Use Pref Codec Only - No
    >>> DTMF Tx method - Auto
    >>> Silence Supp Enable - No
    >>> FAX CED Detect Enable - yes
    >>>
    >>> Many thanks
    >>>

    >> Both FXS Port Input and Output Gain is set to -3 at the moment - any
    >> suggestions as to what I should try?

    > 0
    >
    > 0

    Ok - I tried 0 and 0 but that made it a little distorted, -1 and -1 seems
    perfect. Whilst looking at these settings I noticed "Silence Supp Enable" is
    off - what does this do?

    Thanks
    Port Admiral Haynes, Feb 11, 2007
  7. Port Admiral Haynes

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Port Admiral Haynes" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > Ok - I tried 0 and 0 but that made it a little distorted,
    > -1 and -1 seems perfect. Whilst looking at these settings
    > I noticed "Silence Supp Enable" is off - what does this
    > do?

    It stops the line sounding totally dead during pauses in conversation.
    It's very unnatural, try setting it to "on" and you'll see what I mean.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Feb 11, 2007
  8. Port Admiral Haynes

    Paul Guest

    Port Admiral Haynes wrote:
    [snip]

    > Ok - I tried 0 and 0 but that made it a little distorted, -1 and -1 seems
    > perfect. Whilst looking at these settings I noticed "Silence Supp Enable" is
    > off - what does this do?
    >
    > Thanks

    It makes the device stop transmitting audio when there is silence. To
    you'll save a bit of bandwidth if you are on a capped Internet
    connection. But you can end up with clicks in the audio every time
    someone starts and stops talking, very annoying! I'd leave it turned off.

    cheers,
    Paul.
    Paul, Feb 12, 2007
  9. Thus spaketh Paul:
    > Port Admiral Haynes wrote:
    > [snip]
    >>>

    >> Ok - I tried 0 and 0 but that made it a little distorted, -1 and -1
    >> seems perfect. Whilst looking at these settings I noticed "Silence
    >> Supp Enable" is off - what does this do?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>

    > It makes the device stop transmitting audio when there is silence. To
    > you'll save a bit of bandwidth if you are on a capped Internet
    > connection. But you can end up with clicks in the audio every time
    > someone starts and stops talking, very annoying! I'd leave it turned
    > off.
    >
    > cheers,
    > Paul.

    People the other end also think the line has gone dead as it is too
    quiet.
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Feb 12, 2007