Low self discharge NiMh cells at Walmart

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Daniel Prince, Oct 23, 2007.

  1. A few weeks ago I had seen the Kodak Low self discharge NiMh cells
    at Walmart for $7.9x for a package of four. Yesterday I went there
    to get some AA cells and they were around $9.50 per package. I went
    down the aisle to look at Rayovac Hybrids and all they had was one
    package of AAA cells. When I went back to look at the Kodak cells
    again, they were gone. Store employees had taken them down.

    After I got home, I looked on the Walmart web page and all I found
    were Kodak cells with a charger which was listed as out of stock on
    the web page. (There was a button I could click to search local
    stores for it.)

    Is there another chain store that has Low self discharge NiMh cells
    for a good price? http://thomasdistributing.com has the Kodak Low
    self discharge NiMh cells at $7.97 for a package of four. Does any
    other Internet order place have them or another brand for a better
    price?

    Thank you in advance for all replies.
    --
    Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy
    grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY,

    Daniel Prince, Oct 23, 2007

  2. Daniel Prince

    John Navas Guest

    On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 07:59:39 -0700, Daniel Prince <>
    wrote in <>:

    >A few weeks ago I had seen the Kodak Low self discharge NiMh cells
    >at Walmart for $7.9x for a package of four. Yesterday I went there
    >to get some AA cells and they were around $9.50 per package. I went
    >down the aisle to look at Rayovac Hybrids and all they had was one
    >package of AAA cells. When I went back to look at the Kodak cells
    >again, they were gone. Store employees had taken them down.
    >
    >After I got home, I looked on the Walmart web page and all I found
    >were Kodak cells with a charger which was listed as out of stock on
    >the web page. (There was a button I could click to search local
    >stores for it.)
    >
    >Is there another chain store that has Low self discharge NiMh cells
    >for a good price? http://thomasdistributing.com has the Kodak Low
    >self discharge NiMh cells at $7.97 for a package of four. Does any
    >other Internet order place have them or another brand for a better
    >price?

    Thomas Distributing is about as good as it gets on the Internet.
    Another good option: <http://www.batteryjunction.com/hybrio.html>

    --
    Best regards,
    John Navas <http:/navasgroup.com>

    John Navas, Oct 23, 2007

  3. Daniel Prince

    JohnR66 Guest

    "Daniel Prince" <> wrote in message
    >A few weeks ago I had seen the Kodak Low self discharge NiMh cells
    > at Walmart for $7.9x for a package of four. Yesterday I went there
    > to get some AA cells and they were around $9.50 per package. I went
    > down the aisle to look at Rayovac Hybrids and all they had was one
    > package of AAA cells. When I went back to look at the Kodak cells
    > again, they were gone. Store employees had taken them down.
    >
    > After I got home, I looked on the Walmart web page and all I found
    > were Kodak cells with a charger which was listed as out of stock on
    > the web page. (There was a button I could click to search local
    > stores for it.)
    >
    > Is there another chain store that has Low self discharge NiMh cells
    > for a good price? http://thomasdistributing.com has the Kodak Low
    > self discharge NiMh cells at $7.97 for a package of four. Does any
    > other Internet order place have them or another brand for a better
    > price?
    >
    > Thank you in advance for all replies.
    > --
    > Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy
    > grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY,
    > REALLY good. I'll have some of that!"

    If there is a Target near you, I think they carry the "Hybrid" brand.
    Kind of sounds like you don't want to spend $10 bucks on them?
    Don't be cheap over $2. I don't know the quality of the Kodaks, but the
    RayoVac ones have been great for me. I have 20 some cells in use since
    starting last Jan. Some running on the original factory charge.
    John

    JohnR66, Oct 23, 2007
  4. "Daniel Prince" <> wrote:

    > Is there another chain store that has Low self discharge NiMh cells
    > for a good price? http://thomasdistributing.com has the Kodak Low
    > self discharge NiMh cells at $7.97 for a package of four. Does any
    > other Internet order place have them or another brand for a better
    > price?

    I found Eneloop batteries at Costco, but I don't see them in
    their online store.

    --
    Michael Benveniste --
    Spam and UCE professionally evaluated for $250. Use this email

    Michael Benveniste, Oct 23, 2007
  5. John Navas <> wrote:

    > Thomas Distributing is about as good as it gets on the Internet.
    > Another good option: <http://www.batteryjunction.com/hybrio.html>

    You can buy eight Sanyo Eneloop AA batteries for $19.99 on Amazon, which is an
    excellent price.

    http://tinyurl.com/yo25op

    --
    Thomas T. Veldhouse

    Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation.
    -- Henry Kissinger

    Thomas T. Veldhouse, Oct 23, 2007
  6. Daniel Prince

    SMS Guest

    Daniel Prince wrote:
    > A few weeks ago I had seen the Kodak Low self discharge NiMh cells
    > at Walmart for $7.9x for a package of four. Yesterday I went there
    > to get some AA cells and they were around $9.50 per package. I went
    > down the aisle to look at Rayovac Hybrids and all they had was one
    > package of AAA cells. When I went back to look at the Kodak cells
    > again, they were gone. Store employees had taken them down.
    >
    > After I got home, I looked on the Walmart web page and all I found
    > were Kodak cells with a charger which was listed as out of stock on
    > the web page. (There was a button I could click to search local
    > stores for it.)
    >
    > Is there another chain store that has Low self discharge NiMh cells
    > for a good price? http://thomasdistributing.com has the Kodak Low
    > self discharge NiMh cells at $7.97 for a package of four. Does any
    > other Internet order place have them or another brand for a better
    > price?
    >
    > Thank you in advance for all replies.

    Amazon has the Sanyo eneloop at 4 for 9.43 ("http://tinyurl.com/22qosv")
    with free shipping at $25 or more. Thomas Distributing has them at 4 for
    $9.97, but you have to pay shipping. When Amazon has the same product
    at Thomas it's almost always cheaper at Amazon, with the added advantage
    of free shipping for orders over $25.

    Personally I wouldn't be skimping on non-Eneloop cells, and I also
    wouldn't be driving around trying to save a couple of bucks when gas is
    $3/gallon.

    Costco has a good deal on the kit, though only if you actually have a
    need for all the items:

    * Eight AA eneloop batteries
    * Four AAA eneloop batteries
    * Charger
    * Two C adapters: $4.25
    * Two D adapters: $4.25

    It's about $26. It was $26.49, but I think it came down in price a bit.

    Personally I'm able to use all the pieces, as I have a lot of remote
    controls that take AAA batteries. I've bought three of these kits so far.

    SMS, Oct 23, 2007
  7. Daniel Prince

    SMS Guest

    Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
    > John Navas <> wrote:
    >> Thomas Distributing is about as good as it gets on the Internet.
    >> Another good option: <http://www.batteryjunction.com/hybrio.html>
    >>

    > You can buy eight Sanyo Eneloop AA batteries for $19.99 on Amazon, which is an
    > excellent price.
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/yo25op

    Ironically, it's cheaper to buy two four packs, see
    "http://tinyurl.com/22qosv". Even though it's sold by a third party, it
    still qualifies for free shipping for some reason.

    SMS, Oct 23, 2007
  8. Daniel Prince

    ray Guest

    On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 16:20:35 +0000, JohnR66 wrote:

    > "Daniel Prince" <> wrote in message
    >>A few weeks ago I had seen the Kodak Low self discharge NiMh cells
    >> at Walmart for $7.9x for a package of four. Yesterday I went there
    >> to get some AA cells and they were around $9.50 per package. I went
    >> down the aisle to look at Rayovac Hybrids and all they had was one
    >> package of AAA cells. When I went back to look at the Kodak cells
    >> again, they were gone. Store employees had taken them down.
    >>
    >> After I got home, I looked on the Walmart web page and all I found
    >> were Kodak cells with a charger which was listed as out of stock on
    >> the web page. (There was a button I could click to search local
    >> stores for it.)
    >>
    >> Is there another chain store that has Low self discharge NiMh cells
    >> for a good price? http://thomasdistributing.com has the Kodak Low
    >> self discharge NiMh cells at $7.97 for a package of four. Does any
    >> other Internet order place have them or another brand for a better
    >> price?
    >>
    >> Thank you in advance for all replies.
    >> --
    >> Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy
    >> grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY,
    >> REALLY good. I'll have some of that!"

    > If there is a Target near you, I think they carry the "Hybrid" brand.
    > Kind of sounds like you don't want to spend $10 bucks on them?
    > Don't be cheap over $2. I don't know the quality of the Kodaks, but the
    > RayoVac ones have been great for me. I have 20 some cells in use since
    > starting last Jan. Some running on the original factory charge.
    > John

    FWIW - I doubt very much that Kodak MAKES them.

    ray, Oct 23, 2007
  9. Daniel Prince

    Allen Guest

    Daniel Prince wrote:
    > A few weeks ago I had seen the Kodak Low self discharge NiMh cells
    > at Walmart for $7.9x for a package of four. Yesterday I went there
    > to get some AA cells and they were around $9.50 per package. I went
    > down the aisle to look at Rayovac Hybrids and all they had was one
    > package of AAA cells. When I went back to look at the Kodak cells
    > again, they were gone. Store employees had taken them down.
    >
    > After I got home, I looked on the Walmart web page and all I found
    > were Kodak cells with a charger which was listed as out of stock on
    > the web page. (There was a button I could click to search local
    > stores for it.)
    >
    > Is there another chain store that has Low self discharge NiMh cells
    > for a good price? http://thomasdistributing.com has the Kodak Low
    > self discharge NiMh cells at $7.97 for a package of four. Does any
    > other Internet order place have them or another brand for a better
    > price?
    >
    > Thank you in advance for all replies.

    I w`as in a WalMart this afternoon and they had plenty RayOVac
    hybrids--didn't pay attention to the price, as I have a sufficiency
    right now. They also had packs of four that included a charger. I saw no
    Kodaks, but that particular store never has carried them AFAIK.
    Incidentally, neither the WalMart nor Target web site merchandise is a
    perfect match for store inventories.
    Allen

    Allen, Oct 24, 2007
  10. Daniel Prince

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Daniel Prince wrote:
    > A few weeks ago I had seen the Kodak Low self discharge NiMh cells
    > at Walmart for $7.9x for a package of four. Yesterday I went there
    > to get some AA cells and they were around $9.50 per package. I went
    > down the aisle to look at Rayovac Hybrids and all they had was one
    > package of AAA cells. When I went back to look at the Kodak cells
    > again, they were gone. Store employees had taken them down.
    >
    > After I got home, I looked on the Walmart web page and all I found
    > were Kodak cells with a charger which was listed as out of stock on
    > the web page. (There was a button I could click to search local
    > stores for it.)
    >
    > Is there another chain store that has Low self discharge NiMh cells
    > for a good price? http://thomasdistributing.com has the Kodak Low
    > self discharge NiMh cells at $7.97 for a package of four. Does any
    > other Internet order place have them or another brand for a better
    > price?
    >
    > Thank you in advance for all replies.

    You can get the Eneloop batteries from Amazon.com.

    Ron Hunter, Oct 24, 2007
  11. Daniel Prince

    Dave Cohen Guest

    On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 07:59:39 -0700, Daniel Prince wrote:

    > A few weeks ago I had seen the Kodak Low self discharge NiMh cells at
    > Walmart for $7.9x for a package of four. Yesterday I went there to get
    > some AA cells and they were around $9.50 per package. I went down the
    > aisle to look at Rayovac Hybrids and all they had was one package of AAA
    > cells. When I went back to look at the Kodak cells again, they were gone.
    > Store employees had taken them down.
    >
    > After I got home, I looked on the Walmart web page and all I found were
    > Kodak cells with a charger which was listed as out of stock on the web
    > page. (There was a button I could click to search local stores for it.)
    >
    > Is there another chain store that has Low self discharge NiMh cells for a
    > good price? http://thomasdistributing.com has the Kodak Low self
    > discharge NiMh cells at $7.97 for a package of four. Does any other
    > Internet order place have them or another brand for a better price?
    >
    > Thank you in advance for all replies.

    Looking at a Walmart store is pretty meaningless. A given store will
    fluctuate in what they carry and there will be variations from store to
    store.
    I've had a set of Eneloops for a year, only charged them once last
    November. Got 653 shots out of the box and currently running just over 300
    and counting.
    I have a set of Hybrid AAA which seem ok but I haven't had them long
    enough to know for sure. Use in my single cell mp3 player.
    Got a set of Kodak AA a month or so ago using in portable cd player,
    insufficient experience to comment. Best retail source for AA Eneloop
    seems to be Ritz at $12.
    Dave Cohen

    Dave Cohen, Oct 25, 2007
  12. Daniel Prince

    John Navas Guest

    On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 11:58:44 -0500, "Thomas T. Veldhouse"
    <> wrote in <>:

    >John Navas <> wrote:
    >>
    >> Thomas Distributing is about as good as it gets on the Internet.
    >> Another good option: <http://www.batteryjunction.com/hybrio.html>

    >You can buy eight Sanyo Eneloop AA batteries for $19.99 on Amazon, which is an
    >excellent price.

    Only if you're willing to buy from Amazon, which I'm not (due to privacy
    issues).

    John Navas, Oct 29, 2007
  13. Daniel Prince

    Bill Tuthill Guest

    John Navas <> wrote:

    > Only if you're willing to buy from Amazon, which I'm not (due to
    > privacy issues).

    Just out of curiosity, how is Amazon worse than Google for privacy,
    or do you not use Google either?

    Bill Tuthill, Oct 29, 2007
  14. Daniel Prince

    John Navas Guest

    On 29 Oct 2007 08:06:32 -0800, Bill Tuthill <> wrote
    in <>:

    >John Navas <> wrote:
    >>
    >> Only if you're willing to buy from Amazon, which I'm not (due to
    >> privacy issues).

    >Just out of curiosity, how is Amazon worse than Google for privacy,
    >or do you not use Google either?

    I personally consider Amazon's written policy and actions much worse
    than Google. YMMV.

    John Navas, Oct 31, 2007
  15. Daniel Prince

    Ron Hunter Guest

    John Navas wrote:
    > On 29 Oct 2007 08:06:32 -0800, Bill Tuthill <> wrote
    > in <>:
    >
    >> John Navas <> wrote:
    >>> Only if you're willing to buy from Amazon, which I'm not (due to
    >>> privacy issues).

    >> Just out of curiosity, how is Amazon worse than Google for privacy,
    >> or do you not use Google either?

    > I personally consider Amazon's written policy and actions much worse
    > than Google. YMMV.

    I have been dealing with Amazon for some years with no bad experiences.
    The only problem has been receiving an older version of one software
    package than was advertised, and they adjusted the price on that one
    when I complained. What privacy issues have you seen?

    Nothing seems completely private these days, so doing business with a
    credit card that is protected for online use is always a good idea.

    Ron Hunter, Oct 31, 2007
  16. Daniel Prince

    George Kerby Guest

    On 10/31/07 2:38 AM, in article
    , "Ron Hunter"
    <> wrote:

    > John Navas wrote:
    >> On 29 Oct 2007 08:06:32 -0800, Bill Tuthill <> wrote
    >> in <>:

    >>> Just out of curiosity, how is Amazon worse than Google for privacy,
    >>> or do you not use Google either?

    >> I personally consider Amazon's written policy and actions much worse
    >> than Google. YMMV.
    >>

    > I have been dealing with Amazon for some years with no bad experiences.
    > The only problem has been receiving an older version of one software
    > package than was advertised, and they adjusted the price on that one
    > when I complained. What privacy issues have you seen?
    >
    > Nothing seems completely private these days, so doing business with a
    > credit card that is protected for online use is always a good idea.

    Navas is a fool. Plain and simple.

    George Kerby, Oct 31, 2007
  17. Daniel Prince

    John Navas Guest

    On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 02:38:43 -0500, Ron Hunter <>
    wrote in <>:

    >John Navas wrote:

    >> I personally consider Amazon's written policy and actions much worse
    >> than Google. YMMV.

    >I have been dealing with Amazon for some years with no bad experiences.
    > The only problem has been receiving an older version of one software
    >package than was advertised, and they adjusted the price on that one
    >when I complained. What privacy issues have you seen?

    Have you taken the time to actually read the privacy policy, carefully?
    Did you even take the time to Google "Amazon privacy"?

    >Nothing seems completely private these days, so doing business with a
    >credit card that is protected for online use is always a good idea.

    Sure, but that's not sufficient for ignoring all other privacy issues.

    John Navas, Oct 31, 2007
  18. Daniel Prince

    John Navas Guest

    On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 08:46:37 -0500, George Kerby
    <> wrote in
    <C34DF16D.40077%>:

    >Navas is a fool. Plain and simple.

    Childish name calling only serves to make you look foolish.

    John Navas, Oct 31, 2007
  19. Daniel Prince

    Allen Guest

    John Navas wrote:
    > On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 08:46:37 -0500, George Kerby
    > <> wrote in
    > <C34DF16D.40077%>:
    >
    >> Navas is a fool. Plain and simple.

    > Childish name calling only serves to make you look foolish.

    I don't know who you are, as you are very new here, but I pegged Kerby
    as a proper resident of my killfile long ago. I suggest you do the same.
    And welcome to the ng.
    Allen

    Allen, Oct 31, 2007
  20. Daniel Prince

    John Navas Guest

    On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 10:36:25 -0500, Allen <> wrote in
    <4728a0f8$0$25685$>:

    >John Navas wrote:
    >> On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 08:46:37 -0500, George Kerby
    >> <> wrote in
    >> <C34DF16D.40077%>:
    >>
    >>> Navas is a fool. Plain and simple.

    >> Childish name calling only serves to make you look foolish.
    >>

    >I don't know who you are, as you are very new here, ...

    Nope, as you could have seen with a quick Google Groups check.

    >but I pegged Kerby
    >as a proper resident of my killfile long ago. I suggest you do the same.

    I personally don't have much need for killfiling.

    John Navas, Oct 31, 2007