    saying little or no connectivity and then can't actually access anything on
    the newtwork or use the internet.

    Is this a security issue of some sort/ How do I fix it? (Please)

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF0?=, Dec 31, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UGF0?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    Since you cannot use the Internet it might be that, you do not have a
    Wireless connection between the Wireless Router and the Laptop.

    A simple way to ascertain that you have a connection is to try to use the
    Internet Browser in a Wireless computer to find out if you can connect to
    the Router's (Access Point) Menus (see your hardware manual for the Router's
    IP Address, the login name and the password).

    If you cannot connect to the Router this might help.

    Once the Wireless is actually connected, you need to configure each computer
    Sharing settings. May be this can help http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Jan 1, 2006

  3. silly question perhaps but have you entered your username and password for
    your isp in the router configeration web browser? If not you will be able to
    networkthe ps's together but will get zero internet.
    Most modern router/modems come with a simple wizard that does most of the
    work for you however you still need to be very accurate with your username
    and password or you get zero

    =?Utf-8?B?bWF2ZXJtaWs5OA==?=, Jan 1, 2006