    30 Day Money Back Guarantee!
    http://www.babblingbrookphotography.com
    Email

    Babbling Brook Photography, Nov 15, 2004

  2. Babbling Brook Photography

    Mark Mandell Guest

    "Babbling Brook Photography" <> wrote
    in message news:SU0md.9932$tI3.28@trndny01...
    > Hi,
    > I have a Dell Optiplex GX1 with 64 mb of RAM and I'm running Windows 98
    > SE. Recently when working in notepad I do a lot of cutting and pasting and
    > sometimes when I'm trying to paste I get an alert saying something like,
    > Low
    > memory cannot complete this task, please close one or more programs to
    > continue. Is there a way to increase the usable memory or do I have to
    > install more memory or even worse replace the computer? What about
    > converting to FAT 32, would that help? Any help will be greatly
    > appreciated.
    > If any more info is needed let me know. TIA, Ken

    Add the RAM, just making certain you get the right stuff. Needs to match
    the speed and the density of what you have. You may be better off just
    taking out what you have and getting a new chip instead of adding to the
    64MB you already have. Check out www.crucial.com for more info.

    Mark Mandell, Nov 15, 2004

  3. Babbling Brook Photography

    Plato Guest

    Babbling Brook Photography wrote:

    > I have a Dell Optiplex GX1 with 64 mb of RAM and I'm running Windows 98

    You're either out of hard drive space or gots a tad too many background
    apps running 24/7

    Plato, Nov 16, 2004
  4. All that I know I have running is Zone Alarm and Norton anti-virus. How can
    I tell if I have other background apps running? I have 3.07GB of used space
    and 9.59GB of free space on drive C. I did recently install Microsoft Works,
    maybe that has something to do with it. Thanks for the help, Ken
    --

    Babbling Brook Photography, Nov 16, 2004