LOW LIGHT & THE 40D!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Annika1980, Jun 8, 2008.

  1. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Went to shoot the ospreys again this evening. I got there under dark
    threatening skies, but it started to clear off right about the time
    the sun was setting.

    So it was a battle of slower shutter speeds & high ISOs.
    http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98287944

    http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98287941

    http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98287945

    http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98287946

    http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98287947

    Oh BTW, if anyone asks the speed limit in Dayton, TN is 55MPH and is
    strictly enforced.

    -Annika1980 ----> hates cops
    Annika1980, Jun 8, 2008

  2. Annika1980

    Jeff R. Guest

    "Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    > Went to shoot the ospreys again this evening. I got there under dark
    > threatening skies, but it started to clear off right about the time
    > the sun was setting.
    >
    > So it was a battle of slower shutter speeds & high ISOs.
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98287944
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98287941
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98287945
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98287946
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98287947

    Damn!
    They're nice pix.

    One measure of the quality of "artwork", IMNSHO, is whether or not the
    *expression* on the face of the subject is appropriate. (IOW, all other
    technical aspects are beyond reproach.)

    Don't you think the look on the bird's face is a bit stern... disapproving?
    Couldn't you get him/her to smile?

    > Oh BTW, if anyone asks the speed limit in Dayton, TN is 55MPH and is
    > strictly enforced.
    >
    > -Annika1980 ----> hates cops

    [sniff sniff]
    I smell a burning conscience?

    --
    Jeff R.
    Jeff R., Jun 8, 2008

  3. Annika1980

    Robert Barr Guest

    Jeff R. wrote:

    > "Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    >> Went to shoot the ospreys again this evening. I got there under dark
    >> threatening skies, but it started to clear off right about the time
    >> the sun was setting.

    >> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98287947

    > Damn!
    > They're nice pix.

    I really hate to dampen your enthusiasm for Annika's alleged Osprey
    photos, but you should know how the hoax was perpetrated:

    http://www.jbripley.com/osprey-decoy-by-jackite.html
    Robert Barr, Jun 8, 2008
  4. Annika1980

    Jeff R. Guest

    "Robert Barr" <> wrote in message

    > Jeff R. wrote:
    >>
    >> "Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    >>> Went to shoot the ospreys again this evening. I got there under dark
    >>> threatening skies, but it started to clear off right about the time
    >>> the sun was setting.

    >>> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98287947

    >> Damn!
    >> They're nice pix.
    >>

    > I really hate to dampen your enthusiasm for Annika's alleged Osprey
    > photos, but you should know how the hoax was perpetrated:
    >
    > http://www.jbripley.com/osprey-decoy-by-jackite.html

    Dang!

    Nevertheless: http://www.mendosus.com/jpg/Happy-bird.jpg

    --
    Jeff R.
    Jeff R., Jun 8, 2008
  5. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Jun 8, 12:02 am, Robert Barr <> wrote:

    > I really hate to dampen your enthusiasm for Annika's alleged Osprey
    > photos, but you should know how the hoax was perpetrated:
    >
    > http://www.jbripley.com/osprey-decoy-by-jackite.html

    Yeah, but hiding the string is the real trick.
    Annika1980, Jun 8, 2008
  6. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Jun 8, 2008
  7. Annika1980

    Jeff R. Guest

    Jeff R., Jun 8, 2008
  8. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Jun 8, 10:17 am, Alan Browne <>
    wrote:

    > The last one of the Osprey catching a fish could have been great if
    > closer and uncluttered.

    That was my fav of the bunch.
    Annika1980, Jun 8, 2008