    but need something for windows

    Thanks

    Glenn

    Glenn Clark, Jul 27, 2006

  2. Glenn Clark

    Mike Guest

    Glenn Clark wrote:
    > I have seen some free stuff for Linux servers
    > but need something for windows

    Unfortunately Asterisk will do exactly what you want but runs under
    Linux. That said, once installed with a frontend such as FreePBX it is
    insanely easy to manage and configure. If you are unsure about Linux why
    not go to a local LUG (Linux User Group) meet? You are bound to find
    someone there who will be more than happy to help for the price of a
    beer or two.

    Mike, Jul 27, 2006

  3. Glenn Clark

    paul123 Guest

    Mike wrote:
    > Glenn Clark wrote:
    > > I have seen some free stuff for Linux servers
    > > but need something for windows

    > Unfortunately Asterisk will do exactly what you want but runs under
    > Linux. That said, once installed with a frontend such as FreePBX it is
    > insanely easy to manage and configure. If you are unsure about Linux why
    > not go to a local LUG (Linux User Group) meet? You are bound to find
    > someone there who will be more than happy to help for the price of a
    > beer or two.

    If you really need to run it on Windows, then the vmware version of
    Asterik@home/Trixbox could be a contender. Echo on Glenn's comment
    about FreePBX being a doddle to manage your Asterisk system.

    paul123, Jul 27, 2006
  4. Glenn Clark

    Graham. Guest

    > Hi all
    >
    > I am looking for a low cots pbx/ivr software system. Basicly I have a 0845
    > voip account which I would like to divert to mailbox with a message after
    > closing and during the day divert the call to my mobile. What I would like
    > is poeple to be able to select and option ie 1 sales 2 support etc which
    > all really go to the same place. I have seen some free stuff for Linux
    > servers but need something for windows
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Glenn

    Hi Glen, lets see if I can get you to reconsider the Trixbox on Linux
    option.

    My server is an old Pentium II 300Mhz with 256Mb ram and a 10 gig HD

    It was otherwise destined for the skip.

    You simply download the iso image, burn it to a CDR, bung it in the drive
    and let it boot.

    In less than an hour your server will have built itself. After that it can
    sit in the corner with just 2 cables connected viz. power and Ethernet. The
    monitor, keyboard, mouse and even the CD drive can be removed and used for
    something more useful, as you will be administering the server from a web
    browser on a windows machine. An SSH client like PuTTY is also useful when
    you need to access the console.

    The point I am making is I regard my Asterisk server as just another box on
    my network, no different to the router ATA or my wireless AP (although it
    does use rather more electricity than the other three). The fact it uses an
    OS that I know little about isn't much of an issue.

    To put it another way, do you know someone with a TiVo pvr?

    Did they know when they bought it that it was a PC running Linux?

    --

    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Jul 27, 2006
  5. Glenn Clark

    Brian A Guest

    On 27 Jul 2006 22:16:08 +0200, "Graham." <> wrote:

    >> Hi all
    >>
    >> I am looking for a low cots pbx/ivr software system. Basicly I have a 0845
    >> voip account which I would like to divert to mailbox with a message after
    >> closing and during the day divert the call to my mobile. What I would like
    >> is poeple to be able to select and option ie 1 sales 2 support etc which
    >> all really go to the same place. I have seen some free stuff for Linux
    >> servers but need something for windows
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Glenn

    >Hi Glen, lets see if I can get you to reconsider the Trixbox on Linux
    >option.
    >

    >My server is an old Pentium II 300Mhz with 256Mb ram and a 10 gig HD
    >
    >It was otherwise destined for the skip.
    >

    >You simply download the iso image, burn it to a CDR, bung it in the drive
    >and let it boot.
    >
    >In less than an hour your server will have built itself. After that it can
    >sit in the corner with just 2 cables connected viz. power and Ethernet. The
    >monitor, keyboard, mouse and even the CD drive can be removed and used for
    >something more useful, as you will be administering the server from a web
    >browser on a windows machine. An SSH client like PuTTY is also useful when
    >you need to access the console.
    >

    >The point I am making is I regard my Asterisk server as just another box on
    >my network, no different to the router ATA or my wireless AP (although it
    >does use rather more electricity than the other three). The fact it uses an
    >OS that I know little about isn't much of an issue.
    >

    >To put it another way, do you know someone with a TiVo pvr?
    >
    >Did they know when they bought it that it was a PC running Linux?

    You might take a look at, the web based,easypabx.com. It is easy to
    set up and should do all you want it to do. How reliable it is I
    wouldn't like to say but I think that it is reasonable.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Jul 27, 2006
  6. Glenn Clark

    mattpark Guest

    I concur with all the comments above.

    I use asterisk@home (soon to swop over to trixbox) on a server in our
    rack at the data center. Will run just as happily in the corner of
    your office on an old PC hooked up to your router. Really easy to set
    up to handle your calls just like you asked.

    If you need a hand setting up just drop me a message to mailme at
    matthewpark.co.uk adn i'd be glad to help!

    Matt
    ---
    External Post from http://ukvoiptalk.com

    mattpark, Jul 27, 2006
  7. Glenn Clark

    Glenn Clark Guest

    Re: re:low cost pbx/ivr required

    Thanks all for the advise. I may just try the trixbox solution and see how i
    get on. What other hardware will I need to get the system up and running
    other than ip phones i guess

    Many thanks

    Glenn

    Glenn Clark, Jul 28, 2006
  8. Glenn Clark

    paul123 Guest

    Glenn Clark wrote:
    > What other hardware will I need to get the system up and running
    > other than ip phones i guess

    Apart from what Graham said, nothing really, as you could use that
    (Trixbox) with softphones on your PC(s). You don't necessarily need IP
    phones, though flexibilty could be enhanced by the addition of ATAs or
    IPphones.

    Useful setup guides and resources can be found here (not in any
    particualr order):
    http://nerdvittles.com/index.php?p=140
    http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk@home Handbook Wiki
    http://dumbme.voipeye.com.au/aah/AsteriskDumbMeGuide.htm

    paul123, Jul 28, 2006
  9. Glenn Clark

    Matt Guest

    paul123 wrote:
    > Glenn Clark wrote:
    > > What other hardware will I need to get the system up and running
    > > other than ip phones i guess

    > Apart from what Graham said, nothing really, as you could use that
    > (Trixbox) with softphones on your PC(s). You don't necessarily need IP
    > phones, though flexibilty could be enhanced by the addition of ATAs or
    > IPphones.
    >
    > Useful setup guides and resources can be found here (not in any
    > particualr order):
    > http://nerdvittles.com/index.php?p=140
    > http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk@home Handbook Wiki
    > http://dumbme.voipeye.com.au/aah/AsteriskDumbMeGuide.htm

    I am researching into voip at the moment with a view to setting up
    small businesses with it. On my travels I came across voipfone.co.uk
    who might be an option - their services certainly look very impressive,
    although I haven't used them myself yet - anyone have any experience of
    them?

    Matt

    Matt, Jul 28, 2006
  10. Glenn Clark

    Brian A Guest

    On 28 Jul 2006 02:17:20 -0700, "Matt" <>
    wrote:

    >paul123 wrote:
    >> Glenn Clark wrote:
    >> > What other hardware will I need to get the system up and running
    >> > other than ip phones i guess

    >> Apart from what Graham said, nothing really, as you could use that
    >> (Trixbox) with softphones on your PC(s). You don't necessarily need IP
    >> phones, though flexibilty could be enhanced by the addition of ATAs or
    >> IPphones.
    >>
    >> Useful setup guides and resources can be found here (not in any
    >> particualr order):
    >> http://nerdvittles.com/index.php?p=140
    >> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk@home Handbook Wiki
    >> http://dumbme.voipeye.com.au/aah/AsteriskDumbMeGuide.htm

    >I am researching into voip at the moment with a view to setting up
    >small businesses with it. On my travels I came across voipfone.co.uk
    >who might be an option - their services certainly look very impressive,
    >although I haven't used them myself yet - anyone have any experience of
    >them?
    >
    >Matt

    Just on a single line ...but voipfone offer, in my opinion, a polished
    and reliable service.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Jul 28, 2006
  11. Glenn Clark

    Glenn Clark Guest

    Does the Trixbox have the pbx built in or do I require that as well? Sorry
    not sure as this is all Linux based

    Thanks

    Glenn

    Glenn Clark, Jul 28, 2006
  12. Glenn Clark

    paul123 Guest

    Glenn Clark NOSPAMclark@btinternet(NOSPAM).com> wrote:
    > Does the Trixbox have the pbx built in or do I require that as well? Sorry
    > not sure as this is all Linux based

    FreePBX is included in the Trixbox ISO. Once installed all the
    "extras", including an SSH client can be added module by module from
    FreePBX onto your Asterisk installation.

    paul123, Jul 28, 2006