    upgrade to the Win2003 that came with the books. Any help
    would be greatly appreciated.

    Donald
    Donald Murphy, Sep 18, 2004

  2. Donald Murphy

    Rob Guest

    I use and recomend virtual PC. I use it both at work and
    in my studies. Right now I have a virtual PC network
    consisting of a DC, to workstations (XP) and a member
    server. In the near future I am going to add an exchange
    server. I would recommend installing as much RAM as your
    machine will take. Right now I have a gig and it does
    run a little slow depending on what I am doing. Do a
    google search for it. They are also getting ready to
    release virtual server 2005 it is currently in beta.

    time
    >to purchase another computer so that I can network two
    >computers to perform the exercises as outlined in the

    MCSA
    >books.
    >My question is, Are there any emulators or simulators

    that

    Rob, Sep 19, 2004

  3. Donald Murphy

    morgan Guest

    Hello to everyone,

    As Rob said before,you can use a virtual machine instead of a real
    pc network.Take a look for the recent release of MS virtual server
    2005,it's
    a very good tool really, or something from Vmware virtual
    stations.(workstation version or GSX server are good enough) .I pass 2 MS
    exams so far,by practising with this way.

    morgan, Sep 20, 2004
  4. Donald Murphy

    Guest Guest

    WOW! You guys are the greatest! Thank both of you for
    the advise on this situation. I will keep you posted on
    how everything works out. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    Donald

    Guest, Sep 20, 2004
  5. Donald Murphy

    catwalker63 Guest

    <> prattled ceaslessly in

    > WOW! You guys are the greatest! Thank both of you for
    > the advise on this situation. I will keep you posted on
    > how everything works out. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    > Donald

    FYI: You will need to uncross your fingers to practice and for taking
    the exam. <g>

    HTH

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    "Definitely not wearing any underwear."
    catwalker63, Sep 20, 2004
  6. Donald Murphy

    Guest Guest

    You can simulate a Network on a single PC by installing
    VMWare. Depending on your PC spec you can install up to 5
    OS under VMWARE>

    Guest, Oct 5, 2004